Mailing List Archive

CIB not saved
Hi there,
a strange thing happened to my two node cluster: I rebooted both machine
at the same time, when s.o. went up again, no resources were configured
anymore: as it was a fresh installation. Why ?
It was explained to me that the configuration of resources managed by
pacemaker should be in a file called cib.xml, but cannot find it in the
system. Have I to specify any particular option in the configuration file?

Thanks and regards
--

Fiorenza Meini
Spazio Web S.r.l.

V. Dante Alighieri, 10 - 13900 Biella
Tel.: 015.2431982 - 015.9526066
Fax: 015.2522600
Reg. Imprese, CF e P.I.: 02414430021
Iscr. REA: BI - 188936
Iscr. CCIAA: Biella - 188936
Cap. Soc.: 30.000,00 Euro i.v.

Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org
Re: CIB not saved [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Fiorenza Meini <fmeini@esseweb.eu> wrote:
> Hi there,
> a strange thing happened to my two node cluster: I rebooted both machine at
> the same time, when s.o. went up again, no resources were configured
> anymore: as it was a fresh installation. Why ?
> It was explained to me that the configuration of resources managed by
> pacemaker should be in a file called cib.xml, but cannot find it in the
> system. Have I to specify any particular option in the configuration file?

Normally you shouldn't worry about it. cib.xml is stored in
/var/lib/heartbeat/crm/ or similar and the directory should have have
hacluster:haclient permissions. What distro is it and how did you install
it?

Rasto

--
Dipl.-Ing. Rastislav Levrinc
rasto.levrinc@gmail.com

Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org
Re: CIB not saved [ In reply to ]
Il 29/03/2012 10:12, Rasto Levrinc ha scritto:
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Fiorenza Meini<fmeini@esseweb.eu> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> a strange thing happened to my two node cluster: I rebooted both machine at
>> the same time, when s.o. went up again, no resources were configured
>> anymore: as it was a fresh installation. Why ?
>> It was explained to me that the configuration of resources managed by
>> pacemaker should be in a file called cib.xml, but cannot find it in the
>> system. Have I to specify any particular option in the configuration file?
>
> Normally you shouldn't worry about it. cib.xml is stored in
> /var/lib/heartbeat/crm/ or similar and the directory should have have
> hacluster:haclient permissions. What distro is it and how did you install
> it?
>
> Rasto

Thanks, it was a permission problems.

Regards

Re: CIB not saved [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 8:45 PM, Fiorenza Meini <fmeini@esseweb.eu> wrote:
> Il 29/03/2012 10:12, Rasto Levrinc ha scritto:
>
>> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Fiorenza Meini<fmeini@esseweb.eu>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi there,
>>> a strange thing happened to my two node cluster: I rebooted both machine
>>> at
>>> the same time, when s.o. went up again, no resources were configured
>>> anymore: as it was a fresh installation. Why ?
>>> It was explained to me that the configuration of resources managed by
>>> pacemaker should be in a file called cib.xml, but cannot find it in the
>>> system. Have I to specify any particular option in the configuration
>>> file?
>>

>> Normally you shouldn't worry about it. cib.xml is stored in
>> /var/lib/heartbeat/crm/ or similar and the directory should have have
>> hacluster:haclient permissions. What distro is it and how did you install
>> it?
>>
>> Rasto
>>

> Thanks, it was a permission problems.

Normally we log an error at startup if we can't write there... did
this not happen?

Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org
Re: CIB not saved [ In reply to ]

> Normally we log an error at startup if we can't write there... did
> this not happen?

Regards