Mailing List Archive

DRBD, Fedora, and systemd (tangent off of Re: Upstart resources)
On 02/23/12 23:48, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 6:31 PM, Ante Karamatic <ivoks@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> On 23.02.2012 00:10, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>>
>>> Do you still have LSB scripts on a machine thats using upstart?
>>
>> Yes, some LSB scripts can't be easily converted to upstart jobs. Or,
>> let's rephrase that - can't be converted to upstart jobs without losing
>> some of the functionality.
>>
>>> On fedora they purged them all.
>>
>> All? Even the stuff like drbd? I have to take a look at that.
>
> I think any package that doesn't have a unit file is going to be
> blacklisted from F-17.
> That was the threat at least.

In a Pacemaker cluster, nothing needs to touch DRBD during the system
boot sequence. Nothing should, really. So the absence of any bootup
script in a DRBD package should hardly be a reason to zap it from the
distro.

I'm CC'ing the Fedora DRBD package maintainer so he's at least informed
of this thread, as I'm unsure if he follows the Pacemaker list on a
regular basis. Hi Major. :)

Cheers,
Florian

--
Need help with High Availability?
http://www.hastexo.com/now

Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org
Re: DRBD, Fedora, and systemd (tangent off of Re: Upstart resources) [ In reply to ]
On Feb 24, 2012, at 8:07 AM, Florian Haas wrote:

> On 02/23/12 23:48, Andrew Beekhof wrote:

>>> Yes, some LSB scripts can't be easily converted to upstart jobs. Or,
>>> let's rephrase that - can't be converted to upstart jobs without losing
>>> some of the functionality.

>>> All? Even the stuff like drbd? I have to take a look at that.
>>
>> I think any package that doesn't have a unit file is going to be
>> blacklisted from F-17.
>> That was the threat at least.
>
> In a Pacemaker cluster, nothing needs to touch DRBD during the system
> boot sequence. Nothing should, really. So the absence of any bootup
> script in a DRBD package should hardly be a reason to zap it from the
> distro.
>
> I'm CC'ing the Fedora DRBD package maintainer so he's at least informed
> of this thread, as I'm unsure if he follows the Pacemaker list on a
> regular basis. Hi Major. :)
>
> Cheers,
> Florian

Thanks for the reminder! Converting the DRBD init scripts in Fedora 17's DRBD package is on my list of to-do's. I'm still a little green when it comes to writing systemd startup scripts.

--
Major Hayden
Re: DRBD, Fedora, and systemd (tangent off of Re: Upstart resources) [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 1:07 AM, Florian Haas <florian@hastexo.com> wrote:
> On 02/23/12 23:48, Andrew Beekhof wrote:

>>> Yes, some LSB scripts can't be easily converted to upstart jobs. Or,
>>> let's rephrase that - can't be converted to upstart jobs without losing
>>> some of the functionality.

>>> All? Even the stuff like drbd? I have to take a look at that.
>>
>> I think any package that doesn't have a unit file is going to be
>> blacklisted from F-17.
>> That was the threat at least.

Sorry, I should have said the inverse "Ships a SYS-V init script".