Mailing List Archive

Pacemaker installation on CentOs 5.3
Hi,

I'm trying to install pacemaker from your epel-5 repository from your guide
for a CentOs installation and it doesn't work.

There is a checksum failure when using 'yum update' :

http://www.clusterlabs.org/rpm/epel-5/repodata/filelists.xml.gz: [Errno -1]
Metadata file does not match checksum
Trying other mirror.
Error: failure: repodata/filelists.xml.gz from clusterlabs: [Errno 256] No
more mirrors to try.

When I call 'yum install pacemaker', I have missing dependency errors for
these elements

libnetsnmpagent.so.15
libcrypto.so.8
libtinfo.so.5
libxml2.so.2
... and more.

Can you repair the checksum problem? Is there an alternative way to get
pacemaker from a repository on CentOs 5.3.

Thanks

Simon
Re: Pacemaker installation on CentOs 5.3 [ In reply to ]
I found the solution to my problem, I had to do a 'yum clean all' and 'yum
makecache' before doing the 'yum update'

I'm just getting used to yum.

Simon

Re: Pacemaker installation on CentOs 5.3 [ In reply to ]
You didn't have to do 'yum makecache'

Sometimes ago Andrew accidentally replaced some rpms without bumping up
revision number.
This made yum to complain.
'yum clean all' should have cured all that.

Re: Pacemaker installation on CentOs 5.3 [ In reply to ]
On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 8:20 PM, Vadym Chepkov <vchepkov@gmail.com> wrote:
> You didn't have to do 'yum makecache'
>
> Sometimes ago Andrew accidentally replaced some rpms  without bumping up
> revision number.

I've since changed my build scripts to automatically bump the version :-)

> This made yum to complain.
> 'yum clean all' should have cured all that.
>

> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 2:09 PM, Simon Lavigne-Giroux <simon.lg@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I found the solution to my problem, I had to do a 'yum clean all' and 'yum
>> makecache' before doing the 'yum update'
>> I'm just getting used to yum.
>> Simon
>>
>> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Simon Lavigne-Giroux
>> <simon.lg@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm trying to install pacemaker from your epel-5 repository from your
>>> guide for a CentOs installation and it doesn't work.
>>> There is a checksum failure when using 'yum update' :
>>> http://www.clusterlabs.org/rpm/epel-5/repodata/filelists.xml.gz: [Errno
>>> -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
>>> Trying other mirror.
>>> Error: failure: repodata/filelists.xml.gz from clusterlabs: [Errno 256]
>>> No more mirrors to try.
>>> When I call 'yum install pacemaker', I have missing dependency errors for
>>> these elements
>>> libnetsnmpagent.so.15
>>> libcrypto.so.8
>>> libtinfo.so.5