Mailing List Archive

CRM strange errors
Hello folkz,

I have compiled Corosync/OpenAIS, Pacemaker, DRBD and OCFS2 cluster
environment,  generated cib.xml file with haresources2cib.py script, and put it into

/var/lib/heartbeat/crm directory

When I try to run either 'crm configure show' or 'crm configure'

I'm getting these errors:

INFO: no curses support: you won't see colors

Signon to CIB failed: connection failed

Init failed, could not perform requested operations

ERROR: cannot parse xml: no element found: line 1, column 0

ERROR: No CIB!

Does it look like a problem with openSUSE 11.2 implementations of ncurses, libxml2 or libxslt?

Could somebody please give me a hint?

Thanks in advance,

Alex
Re: CRM strange errors [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 08:53:51AM -0800, Hunny Bunny wrote:
> Hello folkz,
>

> I have compiled Corosync/OpenAIS, Pacemaker, DRBD and OCFS2 cluster
> environment,  generated cib.xml file with haresources2cib.py script, and put it into

Ouch. haresources2cib should have been retired.

> When I try to run either 'crm configure show' or 'crm configure'
>

> I'm getting these errors:
>

> INFO: no curses support: you won't see colors

You have to install python-curses.

> Signon to CIB failed: connection failed

As root? Is your cluster running?

> Init failed, could not perform requested operations
>

> ERROR: cannot parse xml: no element found: line 1, column 0
>

> ERROR: No CIB!

Thanks,

Dejan

P.S. Shouldn't really cross-post.

Re: CRM strange errors [ In reply to ]
Hello Dejan,
Thanks for the reply.

I installed python-curses as you suggested.

Could you please recommend what should I use instead of haresources2cib to generate initial cib.xml file

Another question - how do I actually start cluster running?
I compiled everything form sources and I see no pacemaker start up script to put into /etc/init.d/

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Re: CRM strange errors [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 6:11 PM, Hunny Bunny <tmphb@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello Dejan,
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I installed python-curses as you suggested.
>
> Could you please recommend what should I use instead of haresources2cib to
> generate initial cib.xml file

just build a configuration from scratch, with the shell its pretty easy:
http://www.clusterlabs.org/wiki/Example_configurations

> Another question - how do I actually start cluster running?
> I compiled everything form sources and I see no pacemaker start up script
> to put into /etc/init.d/

start corosync or heartbeat - whichever one you wanted to use underneath

Re: CRM strange errors [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 09:11:45AM -0800, Hunny Bunny wrote:
> Hello Dejan,
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I installed python-curses as you suggested.
>
> Could you please recommend what should I use instead of
> haresources2cib to generate initial cib.xml file

Just use crm (the shell). There are also templates. Check the
guides at clusterlabs.org.

> Another question - how do I actually start cluster running?
> I compiled everything form sources and I see no pacemaker start
> up script to put into /etc/init.d/

Read the docs. Pacemaker is a service of either openais/corosync
or heartbeat.

Thanks,

Dejan