Mailing List Archive

[REGRESSION] System wakeup by time not working anymore on 2.6.32
Hello,
I have a PC which I use as a harddisk videorecorder.
If unused it is powered down, so I put the time it is supposed to wake
up for the next recording into /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm.
This has been working fine for some time.
After the upgrade to kernel 2.6.32 this stopped working, it doesn't
wake up, though "cat /proc/driver/rtc" shows the correct data, like
this:

rtc_time : 18:02:20
rtc_date : 2009-12-03
alrm_time : 18:05:38
alrm_date : 2009-12-03
alarm_IRQ : yes
alrm_pending : no
24hr : yes
periodic_IRQ : no
update_IRQ : no
HPET_emulated : yes
DST_enable : no
periodic_freq : 1024
batt_status : okay

Any ideas?

Regards
Malte Schröder
Re: [REGRESSION] System wakeup by time not working anymore on 2.6.32 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 3 Dec 2009, Malte Schröder wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a PC which I use as a harddisk videorecorder.
> If unused it is powered down, so I put the time it is supposed to wake
> up for the next recording into /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm.
> This has been working fine for some time.
> After the upgrade to kernel 2.6.32 this stopped working, it doesn't
> wake up, though "cat /proc/driver/rtc" shows the correct data, like
> this:
>
> rtc_time : 18:02:20
> rtc_date : 2009-12-03
> alrm_time : 18:05:38
> alrm_date : 2009-12-03
> alarm_IRQ : yes
> alrm_pending : no
> 24hr : yes
> periodic_IRQ : no
> update_IRQ : no
> HPET_emulated : yes
> DST_enable : no
> periodic_freq : 1024
> batt_status : okay
>
> Any ideas?

offhand, no.
Is it possible to bisect?

thanks,
Len Brown, Intel Open Source Technology Center