origin of the name "ivtv"?
what I always wanted to know:
Why is the driver named ivtv?
The Chip family name ( iTVC15) contains itv, but not ivtv. In older days the
driver called itself even IvyTV. (But who was Ivy? Is it a person? A former
developer?)

Greets,
Martin

Re: origin of the name "ivtv"? [ In reply to ]
I think i can answer that.

Back in the day it was me and plasmajohn working on the driver. He had concerns over naming it anything that may be copyrighted (eg itvc), so he suggested ivtv (or ivytv) and it was Good Enough (tm) so it stuck. I was more interested in getting it working than naming it.

Unfortunately, no special or hidden significance there :)

-tmk

Re: origin of the name "ivtv"? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 17:19, kevin thayer <nufan_wfk@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Back in the day it was me and plasmajohn working on the driver. He had concerns over naming it anything that may be copyrighted (eg itvc), > so he suggested ivtv (or ivytv) and it was Good Enough (tm) so it stuck. I was more interested in getting it working than naming it.

I added the explation to the front page. I assumed you wouldn't mind :-)

Thanks
Sander