line, so this is going to become kind of important.

Regards,
--Alex

Re: CX23418 support [ In reply to ]
Alex Izvorski wrote:
> I am wondering what it would take to get support for the CX23418 chip?

Hans (The main developer atm), estimated it would take at least 6 months
for it to be done. But this was by himself probably and any help you or
other people can give will speed this up. Code wise I have no clue.

> Is anybody already working on it? How much work is it? Are people at
> least interested?

Nobody as none have the datasheet. Without it it will be very difficult
and will take a long time.

> I am trying to obtain a datasheet, I'll keep you all posted ;)

Hans is/was trying the same :-)

> It seems like cards based on this (HVR-1600 etc) mey be gradually
> replacing the CX23416-based cards, at least in the Hauppauge product
> line, so this is going to become kind of important.

Hans, CCing you to be sure you read this ;-) You may have a partner in
getting the CX23418 supported.

Greets
Sander

Re: CX23418 support [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 11 February 2007 16:42, Sander Sweers wrote:
> Alex Izvorski wrote:
> > I am wondering what it would take to get support for the CX23418
> > chip?
>
> Hans (The main developer atm), estimated it would take at least 6
> months for it to be done. But this was by himself probably and any
> help you or other people can give will speed this up. Code wise I
> have no clue.
>
> > Is anybody already working on it? How much work is it? Are people
> > at least interested?
>
> Nobody as none have the datasheet. Without it it will be very
> difficult and will take a long time.
>
> > I am trying to obtain a datasheet, I'll keep you all posted ;)
>
> Hans is/was trying the same :-)
>
> > It seems like cards based on this (HVR-1600 etc) mey be gradually
> > replacing the CX23416-based cards, at least in the Hauppauge
> > product line, so this is going to become kind of important.
>
> Hans, CCing you to be sure you read this ;-) You may have a partner
> in getting the CX23418 supported.

Alex,

It would be great if you can get the datasheet (legally). Through other
contacts I'm also trying to obtain it. Basically it is a case of hoping
Conexant will see the light and be willing to release the datasheet
(possibly under an NDA) for the purposes of writing a GPL driver. To be
completely honest, I'm not holding my breath.

We'll see.

Hans

Re: CX23418 support [ In reply to ]
I wouldn't be holding my breath either - I was developing some
hardware last year and Conexant were quite insistent I should spend €€
€ with one of their development partners to get datasheets (I think
it was about £12 GBP!!!). So I used someone else's IC's.

Hope you get them though.

Nick