my TV-set then be able to decode the teletext info? Because when I try, I
only get messages from my TV teletext decoder like "Teletext page not found"
and it does that for every page address I try.

Could it be a matter of pvr350-firmware? ivtv-version? Or is it just (for the
moment) a no-go?

Please help me out, I'm losing hair :-)

Best regards,
Johan Duinkerken.

Re: teletext on TV by VBI passthrough? [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 09 April 2005 01:00, Johan Duinkerken wrote:
> Hi,
>
> maybe a silly question, but it came up in the MythTV-dev mailing list and I
> really like to know: If I set my pvr350 to VBI passthrough, raw mode,
> should my TV-set then be able to decode the teletext info? Because when I
> try, I only get messages from my TV teletext decoder like "Teletext page
> not found" and it does that for every page address I try.
>
> Could it be a matter of pvr350-firmware? ivtv-version? Or is it just (for
> the moment) a no-go?
>
> Please help me out, I'm losing hair :-)
>
> Best regards,
> Johan Duinkerken.

see
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/devel/17626

which says:
"
enable embedded teletext (ivtvctl -x 1 -b teletext), then run
'cat /dev/video0 >/dev/video16' and then run 'util/vbi /dev/vbi4'. vbi4 is
the device that outputs the embedded VBI data. The PVR-350 is responsible for
extracting it from the MPEG stream, and the driver transforms it to the same
format as /dev/vbi0.
"
the util/vbi executable will do the passthrough here.
note that this (passthrough) is not myth functionality, but just ivtv stuff.

Martin

Re: teletext on TV by VBI passthrough? [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 10 April 2005 22:17, Martin Barnasconi wrote:
> On Saturday 09 April 2005 01:00, Johan Duinkerken wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > maybe a silly question, but it came up in the MythTV-dev mailing list and
> > I really like to know: If I set my pvr350 to VBI passthrough, raw mode,
> > should my TV-set then be able to decode the teletext info? Because when I
> > try, I only get messages from my TV teletext decoder like "Teletext page
> > not found" and it does that for every page address I try.
> >
> > Could it be a matter of pvr350-firmware? ivtv-version? Or is it just (for
> > the moment) a no-go?
> >
> > Please help me out, I'm losing hair :-)
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Johan Duinkerken.
>
> see
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/devel/17626
>
> which says:
>
> Martin

Sorry, but that message you refer to has nothing to do with the question. VBI
passthrough (the -w option of ivtvctl) only supports CC, VPS and WSS signals
(and that is rather experimental), not teletext. It's impossible to implement
this (it's a hardware limitation): there is no way for the PVR-350 to
generate teletext data in the TV-out signal.

Hans