Mailing List Archive

lsi mpeg2 encoder card
Okay, a computer store that I do some work for recently came into possesion
of 300 hardware mpeg encoding tv tuner cards that came from XP Media Center
pc's.

I am trying to track down whether there is linux and mythtv support for these
cards but haven't been able to find much by googling as the cards don't have
much in the way of markings.

The back of the pcb has the following silk screened

HannStar K MV-4
94V-0 0312

There is a sticker on the back

MAHP-01-000 Rev-1.02
4103-SATINDO-042195

It has a phillips tuner, svideo and right and left rca audio jacks.

The PCB has the following chips

LSI DVXPLORE
B1
T 0312
WYF12002
TAIWAN

Googling shows this chips being used by NVIDIA and LSI as an MS Media Centre
partner.

SAA7115HL
CC2462 13
TS0331

A couple of the following memory? chips

EM638325TS-6
H330802RBT376.1
ETRONTECH

MICRONAS
MSP 34250 88 V3
3061' JA LH F
114802.000

UDA1345TS
C88102 08
HP0305 2

JM34AH
LM1086
CS-ADJ

So anyone know what card this is and whether it is supported under linux and
mythtv?
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting

Re: lsi mpeg2 encoder card [ In reply to ]
Harondel J. Sibble wrote:

>Okay, a computer store that I do some work for recently came into possesion
>of 300 hardware mpeg encoding tv tuner cards that came from XP Media Center
>pc's.
>
>I am trying to track down whether there is linux and mythtv support for these
>cards but haven't been able to find much by googling as the cards don't have
>much in the way of markings.

<snip>

>So anyone know what card this is and whether it is supported under linux and
>mythtv?

I really dunno about these cards, but if you're sure they're LSI's, the
second page of this article
(http://htpcnews.com/main.php?id=pvr_card_id_guide) seems to say that
they don't work with linux.

Personally I've got three PVR-250's (and a 350 in my Myth frontend) and
they work great, but I'm still waiting for the day when all the good
ivtv work everyone here is doing gets "magically" tied into Jelle's
blackbird mods, and we all can buy $40 cards instead of $125 cards.
Hey, everyone needs a dream. :-)

Greg

Re: lsi mpeg2 encoder card [ In reply to ]
Just a follow up to this posting, the card below is the Emuzed Maui I/II, it
has windows drivers here http://www.emuzed.com/download.htm but as best I
can tell, there are no Linux drivers period. I haven't been able to find any
*nix development for the LSI DVXplore chip so far.

I found this related posting:
http://forums.tech-arena.com/archive/index.php/t-32505.html