Mailing List Archive

PaypalExpress payment module update
This is a major update. It adds itemised billing to the checkout at Paypal. It
does not send discounts or coupons as there are too many ways to get the
numbers wrong and have Paypal reject the transaction, but it will optionally
display a note telling the customer that discounts will be applied later.

It adds repeat billing, up to 10 billing agreements (the API maximum) at a
time. Agreements may be set with or without an initial payment, with optional
trial periods, with fixed or open-ended schedules, or any other variation
allowed by the API. There are functions to manage repeat billings (only useful
from some kind of admin panel), a function to bill outstanding arrears, and a
function to put all details of an agreement into scratch space so as to
display the results to a customer (or admin)

It also does refunds, masspay, 'send credit' to a credit card, and will get
the balance of an account for display (including multi-currency sub accounts).

Find it on http://kiwi.zolotek.net

--
Lyn St George
eCommerce - build::support

Re: PaypalExpress payment module update [ In reply to ]
> This is a major update. It adds itemised billing to the checkout at Paypal. It
> does not send discounts or coupons as there are too many ways to get the
> numbers wrong and have Paypal reject the transaction, but it will optionally
> display a note telling the customer that discounts will be applied later.
>
> It adds repeat billing, up to 10 billing agreements (the API maximum) at a
> time. Agreements may be set with or without an initial payment, with optional
> trial periods, with fixed or open-ended schedules, or any other variation
> allowed by the API. There are functions to manage repeat billings (only useful
> from some kind of admin panel), a function to bill outstanding arrears, and a
> function to put all details of an agreement into scratch space so as to
> display the results to a customer (or admin)
>
> It also does refunds, masspay, 'send credit' to a credit card, and will get
> the balance of an account for display (including multi-currency sub accounts).
>
> Find it on http://kiwi.zolotek.net
>
> --
> Lyn St George
> eCommerce - build::support
> http://www.zolotek.net

The link asked me for a user/password so I could not download and read
it. Is this a drop-in replacement for the previous Paypal module?

DB

Re: PaypalExpress payment module update [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 22 February 2012 13:24:03 DB wrote:
> The link asked me for a user/password so I could not download and read
> it. Is this a drop-in replacement for the previous Paypal module?

Fixed, anonymous now. Yes it is a drop-in replacement, and the itemised
checkout, while enable by default, can be turned off if you prefer.

--
Lyn St George
eCommerce - build::support

Re: PaypalExpress payment module update [ In reply to ]
> On Wednesday 22 February 2012 13:24:03 DB wrote:
>> The link asked me for a user/password so I could not download and read
>> it. Is this a drop-in replacement for the previous Paypal module?
>
> Fixed, anonymous now. Yes it is a drop-in replacement, and the itemised
> checkout, while enable by default, can be turned off if you prefer.
>
> --
> Lyn St George
> eCommerce - build::support
> http://www.zolotek.net

I downloaded your new Paypal module, but with it in place my IC refused
to start. I restored the provious version and all was again well. I did
not yet have time to play much with it, but my global error log showed:

- - - [22/February/2012:16:14:17 -0500] - - Vend::Payment::Skipjack
payment module initialized, using Net::SSLeay
- - - [22/February/2012:16:14:17 -0500] - - while eval'ing module
Vend::Payment::PaypalExpress got [Can't locate Date/Calc.pm in @INC (@INC $
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Payment/PaypalExpress.pm line 479,
<GLOBAL> line 40.
> Compilation failed in require at (eval 18) line 1, <GLOBAL> line 40.
> ]

- - - [22/February/2012:16:14:17 -0500] - - Required Perl module
Vend::Payment::PaypalExpress not present. Aborting Interchange daemon.
> In line 0 of the configuration file 'interchange.cfg':

DB

Re: PaypalExpress payment module update [ In reply to ]
Update - I intalled Date::Calc and then IC started with the new module.
The old version (obviously) did not need that.

DB

Re: PaypalExpress payment module update [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 22 February 2012 21:31:49 DB wrote:
> Update - I intalled Date::Calc and then IC started with the new module.
> The old version (obviously) did not need that.

Ah yes, sorry I forgot about that when saying it's a drop-in replacement.
Though it is written in the changelog:)

--
Lyn St George
eCommerce - build::support

Re: PaypalExpress payment module update [ In reply to ]
> On Wednesday 22 February 2012 21:31:49 DB wrote:
>> Update - I intalled Date::Calc and then IC started with the new module.
>> The old version (obviously) did not need that.
>
> Ah yes, sorry I forgot about that when saying it's a drop-in replacement.
> Though it is written in the changelog:)
>
> --
> Lyn St George
> eCommerce - build::support
> http://www.zolotek.net

No problem - the fix was easy. Thanks for the awesome module!

DB

Re: PaypalExpress payment module update [ In reply to ]
On 02/21/2012 11:54 PM, Lyn St George wrote:
> This is a major update. It adds itemised billing to the checkout at Paypal. It
> does not send discounts or coupons as there are too many ways to get the
> numbers wrong and have Paypal reject the transaction, but it will optionally
> display a note telling the customer that discounts will be applied later.
>
> It adds repeat billing, up to 10 billing agreements (the API maximum) at a
> time. Agreements may be set with or without an initial payment, with optional
> trial periods, with fixed or open-ended schedules, or any other variation
> allowed by the API. There are functions to manage repeat billings (only useful
> from some kind of admin panel), a function to bill outstanding arrears, and a
> function to put all details of an agreement into scratch space so as to
> display the results to a customer (or admin)
>
> It also does refunds, masspay, 'send credit' to a credit card, and will get
> the balance of an account for display (including multi-currency sub accounts).
>
> Find it on http://kiwi.zolotek.net

Hello, Lyn!

I updated the version in Interchange's repository as well. One thing that
has changed recently is that you force the credentials for the sandbox
to be prefixed with sandbox_, otherwise you get the error

I would like to change the code to fallback to the credential without prefix
in this case, as this allows to handle the different credentials through
"VariableDatabase" site, which is IMHO the standard way to use the same
catalog.cfg for production/development.

The second thing is that API calls without any credentials should produce
a better error message instead of making a call to paypal which fails for
sure.

What do you think?

Do you have any (public) repository for your payment modules?

Regards + thanks for all your work for Interchange

Racke

Interchange Development Team

Re: PaypalExpress payment module update [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 11 April 2012 08:48:05 Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> Hello, Lyn!
>
> I updated the version in Interchange's repository as well. One thing that
> has changed recently is that you force the credentials for the sandbox
> to be prefixed with sandbox_, otherwise you get the error

> I would like to change the code to fallback to the credential without
> prefix in this case, as this allows to handle the different credentials
> through "VariableDatabase" site, which is IMHO the standard way to use the
> same catalog.cfg for production/development.
>
> The second thing is that API calls without any credentials should produce
> a better error message instead of making a call to paypal which fails for
> sure.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Do you have any (public) repository for your payment modules?
>
> Regards + thanks for all your work for Interchange
>
> Racke

Hi Racke

I'm just about to head off on a camping holiday on the Cornish moors, so don't
really have time to make changes before I go. I have no problem if you want to
do it yourself though. I don't have a git repo - probably should but have not
got around to it:) - but if you email me back the module or a diff I can
update the version on kiwi.

Best regards

--
Lyn St George
eCommerce - build::support

Re: PaypalExpress payment module update [ In reply to ]
On 04/11/2012 05:12 PM, Lyn St George wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 April 2012 08:48:05 Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
>> Hello, Lyn!
>>
>> I updated the version in Interchange's repository as well. One thing that
>> has changed recently is that you force the credentials for the sandbox
>> to be prefixed with sandbox_, otherwise you get the error

>> I would like to change the code to fallback to the credential without
>> prefix in this case, as this allows to handle the different credentials
>> through "VariableDatabase" site, which is IMHO the standard way to use the
>> same catalog.cfg for production/development.
>>
>> The second thing is that API calls without any credentials should produce
>> a better error message instead of making a call to paypal which fails for
>> sure.
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Do you have any (public) repository for your payment modules?
>>
>> Regards + thanks for all your work for Interchange
>>
>> Racke
>
> Hi Racke
>
> I'm just about to head off on a camping holiday on the Cornish moors, so don't
> really have time to make changes before I go. I have no problem if you want to
> do it yourself though. I don't have a git repo - probably should but have not
> got around to it:) - but if you email me back the module or a diff I can
> update the version on kiwi.

Enjoy your camping holiday and let me know when you are back. If you need help
with Git, I would assist you :-).

Here is the patch for PaypalExpress:

https://github.com/interchange/interchange/commit/ad24c87a3b9c86af5488ba434a9a97a9fc37488a#diff-3

Regards

Re: PaypalExpress payment module update [ In reply to ]
On 04/13/2012 09:13 AM, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> On 04/11/2012 05:12 PM, Lyn St George wrote:
>> On Wednesday 11 April 2012 08:48:05 Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
>>> Hello, Lyn!
>>>
>>> I updated the version in Interchange's repository as well. One thing that
>>> has changed recently is that you force the credentials for the sandbox
>>> to be prefixed with sandbox_, otherwise you get the error

>>> I would like to change the code to fallback to the credential without
>>> prefix in this case, as this allows to handle the different credentials
>>> through "VariableDatabase" site, which is IMHO the standard way to use the
>>> same catalog.cfg for production/development.
>>>
>>> The second thing is that API calls without any credentials should produce
>>> a better error message instead of making a call to paypal which fails for
>>> sure.
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>>
>>> Do you have any (public) repository for your payment modules?
>>>
>>> Regards + thanks for all your work for Interchange
>>>
>>> Racke
>>
>> Hi Racke
>>
>> I'm just about to head off on a camping holiday on the Cornish moors, so don't
>> really have time to make changes before I go. I have no problem if you want to
>> do it yourself though. I don't have a git repo - probably should but have not
>> got around to it:) - but if you email me back the module or a diff I can
>> update the version on kiwi.
>>

> Enjoy your camping holiday and let me know when you are back. If you need help
> with Git, I would assist you :-).
>
> Here is the patch for PaypalExpress:
>
> https://github.com/interchange/interchange/commit/ad24c87a3b9c86af5488ba434a9a97a9fc37488a#diff-3

Please apply also: