Mailing List Archive

catalog template issues
Thought I would try reword this and see if it helps my request for
information.

When I have these tags in my pages:

@_LEFTONLY_TOP_@

@_LEFTONLY_BOTTOM_@

my page won't display, "internal server error"

cat error log:
[20/September/2011:15:42:51 -0400] 1982 /cgi-bin/1982/index.html Runtime
error: Can't locate object method "func" via package "DBI::db" at
/usr/local/perl-5.12.4/lib/site_perl/5.12.4/x86_64-linux/DBD/mysql.pm line
227.

When I remove the tags from the page, I can see the page, without
top/bottom, of course.

I have this in catalog.cfg:
DirConfig Variable templates/foundation/regions

My templates are in CATROOT/templates/foundation/regions

Can someone suggest a place to start looking to track this down? This
happens on 2 different 5.6.3 cats since installing Interchange on a new
Centos 5.x server. I don't know why the test cats work but these do not. I
can access the admin with full use of tables, etc.

Curt

Re: catalog template issues [ In reply to ]
On Sep 20, 2011, at 3:47 PM, Curt Hauge wrote:

> Thought I would try reword this and see if it helps my request for
> information.
>
> When I have these tags in my pages:
>
> @_LEFTONLY_TOP_@
>
> @_LEFTONLY_BOTTOM_@

What happens if you replace the @_LEFTONLY_TOP_@ with [var LEFTONLY_TOP]? Are those the stock regions, or have they been customized? Are the test catalogs using the same regions and same contents for the catalog regions?

Regards,

David
--
David Christensen
End Point Corporation

Re: catalog template issues [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:37 PM David Christensen said:

> On Sep 20, 2011, at 3:47 PM, Curt Hauge wrote:
>
> > Thought I would try reword this and see if it helps my request for
> > information.
> >
> > When I have these tags in my pages:
> >
> > @_LEFTONLY_TOP_@
> >
> > @_LEFTONLY_BOTTOM_@
>
> What happens if you replace the @_LEFTONLY_TOP_@ with [var
> LEFTONLY_TOP]?
I get the same result

> Are those the stock regions, or have they
> been customized?
They are pretty much stock

> Are the test catalogs using the same
> regions and same contents for the catalog regions?
No, and I have moved them before, but...

This is an old foundation cat. This is the code from
/templates/components/category_vertical component that is causing the
internal server error. I have nothing but column names in my 'cat' database,
I only use 'area' on this catalog at this time.

This line, in the below code, breaks everything: [box-exec
bar_link]area[/box-exec]
More specifically, the 'bar-link' is the culprit:

<!-- BEGIN COMPONENT [control component category_vertical] -->
[timed-build auto=1 if="[control timed 0]" minutes="[control timed 0]"]
[set found_cat][/set]
[.loop
prefix=box
search="
fi=area
st=db
tf=sort
ac=0
ac=0
co=yes
sf=sel
op=eq
se=[control set_selector left]
sf=which_page
op=rm
se=[control page_class all|@@MV_PAGE@@]
"]
<b>[box-exec bar_link]area[/box-exec]</b> <!--THIS IS THE TROUBLE -->
[set found_cat]1[/set]
[loop prefix=cat
search="
fi=cat
st=db
tf=sort
tf=name
rf=code,name
sf=sel
se=[box-code]
"
]
&nbsp;&nbsp;[cat-exec bar_link]cat[/cat-exec]<BR>
[/loop]

[/loop]
[if !scratch found_cat]
[loop
search="
ra=yes
tf=description
"
]
&nbsp;&nbsp;[page [loop-code]][loop-field description][/page]<BR>
[/loop]
[/if]
[/timed-build]

[end snip]

When I remove that line I see the page, minus the areas on the left. When I
grep 'box-exec' I find nothing in /interchange and only see this in
/CATROOT:

templates/components/category_vertical: <b>[box-exec
bar-link]area[/box-exec]</b>

And if I change that line to <b>[box-exec]area[/box-exec]</b>

I get the page but the left side shows errors where an 'area' would be, like
this:

ERROR
ERROR
ERROR

Can anyone explain what might be happening here? I have a pretty stock
theme.cfg in /templates/foundation/

Thanks,

Curt

Re: catalog template issues [ In reply to ]
> > On Sep 20, 2011, at 3:47 PM, Curt Hauge wrote:
> >
> > > Thought I would try reword this and see if it helps my request for
> > > information.
> > >
> > > When I have these tags in my pages:
> > >
> > > @_LEFTONLY_TOP_@
> > >
> > > @_LEFTONLY_BOTTOM_@
> >
> > What happens if you replace the @_LEFTONLY_TOP_@ with [var
> > LEFTONLY_TOP]?
> I get the same result
>
> > Are those the stock regions, or have they
> > been customized?
> They are pretty much stock
>
> > Are the test catalogs using the same
> > regions and same contents for the catalog regions?
> No, and I have moved them before, but...
>
> This is an old foundation cat. This is the code from
> /templates/components/category_vertical component that is causing the
> internal server error. I have nothing but column names in my 'cat' database,
> I only use 'area' on this catalog at this time.
>
> This line, in the below code, breaks everything: [box-exec
> bar_link]area[/box-exec]
> More specifically, the 'bar-link' is the culprit:

Did you move this catalog? I seem to remember getting ISE's if I moved a catalog and didn't delete the .gdbm files and let them rebuild.

Paul
Re: catalog template issues [ In reply to ]

> request for

> > > What happens if you replace the @_LEFTONLY_TOP_@ with [var
> > > LEFTONLY_TOP]?
> > I get the same result
> >
> > > Are those the stock regions, or have they been customized?
> > They are pretty much stock
> >
> > > Are the test catalogs using the same regions and same
> contents for
> > > the catalog regions?
> > No, and I have moved them before, but...
> >
> > This is an old foundation cat. This is the code from
> > /templates/components/category_vertical component that is
> causing the
> > internal server error. I have nothing but column names in my 'cat'
> > database, I only use 'area' on this catalog at this time.
> >
> > This line, in the below code, breaks everything: [box-exec
> > bar_link]area[/box-exec] More specifically, the 'bar-link' is the
> > culprit:
>

> Did you move this catalog? I seem to remember getting ISE's
> if I moved a catalog and didn't delete the .gdbm files and
> let them rebuild.

yes I did move it and I have tried removing .gdbm and .sql files. I am not,
however, seeeing the .gdbm files being rebuilt, only .mv_metadata.gdbm and
variable.gdbm

Curt

Re: catalog template issues [ In reply to ]

> > request for

> > > I get the same result

> > > They are pretty much stock

> > contents for
> > > No, and I have moved them before, but...
> > >
> > > This is an old foundation cat. This is the code from
> > > /templates/components/category_vertical component that is
> > causing the
> > > internal server error. I have nothing but column names in my 'cat'
> > > database, I only use 'area' on this catalog at this time.
> > >
> > > This line, in the below code, breaks everything: [box-exec
> > > bar_link]area[/box-exec] More specifically, the 'bar-link' is the
> > > culprit:
> >

> > Did you move this catalog? I seem to remember getting ISE's
> > if I moved a catalog and didn't delete the .gdbm files and
> > let them rebuild.
>
> yes I did move it and I have tried removing .gdbm and .sql files. I am not,
> however, seeeing the .gdbm files being rebuilt, only .mv_metadata.gdbm and
> variable.gdbm

I think you know this Curt, deleting the .sql will import any txt files into your SLQ tables. If this is how you are bringing the data into the new location, fine, but if it is not, that might cause you problems. I think most people dump and transfer the database itself. Always have a backup!

I don't know what to suggest about your problem though. We're you the guy with all those issues recently across regarding the update on just about everything? Damn, good job getting this far, I wouldn't have been able to do it.

Did you just upgrade the interchange server, but not any of the files (components)? What version of IC is this from?

Take a look at this: http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2002-November/028837.html

It doesn't sound like you are too worried, as you would have hired a dev member to fix it by now if it was affecting your business. If you do have time - might I suggest just using the new Standard and take a week to convert the shops?

Paul