Mailing List Archive

WKD: mutt integration status (was: WKD documentation)
Hi Wiktor,

= integrate WKD requests into mutt

Am Dienstag 09 Juli 2019 20:51:41 schrieb Wiktor Kwapisiewicz via Gnupg-users:
> Sure, take a look at the thread starting here:
> http://lists.mutt.org/pipermail/mutt-dev/Week-of-Mon-20180702/000157.html
>
> (The patch is not there but it's basically setting external locate
> mechanism in gpgme so, except one bugfix that I also found, it would be
> a one-liner).

Maybe this is actually worth trying to propose again, one argument that is
missing is the lost security by emails that are send unencrypted because
users cannot figure out how to get the pubkey of their recipients.

> From what I can see Werner also planned to add that but I don't know
> how it ended up:
>
> http://lists.mutt.org/pipermail/mutt-dev/Week-of-Mon-20181119/000246.html

Werner submitted code to cleanup the code calling gpgme, which got integrated
http://mutt.org/relnotes/1.12/
| = Internal Improvements
| * Werner Koch contributed some cleanup and improvements to the GPGME code.
| (Thanks, Werner!)

> > Did you also give it to https://neomutt.org/?
>
> Neomutt deferred to Mutt's mailing list, see:
> https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/issues/1282#issuecomment-411401300

Added a comment there, because it is a security concern to not add an easy way
to access a pubkey automatically.

= Other terminal based email client: Aerc

> On the bright side I've seen other TUI mail clients planning to add WKD
> support e.g. Aerc (homepage: https://aerc-mail.org/), author's opinion
> on WKD: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=20091100

Cool!

Best Regards,