Anyone knows one?

Best

Pete
Re: Search: Applikation to encrypt on the fly [ In reply to ]
On 04/16/2012 06:02 PM, elgringo@gmx.net wrote:
> I am looking for an application the surveys a folder, and once I drop
> a file there it is being encrypted with my GPG key. The background
> is, that I want to use folder to be synced with a remote location
> (dropbox). And I just want to be shure the files are encrypted on the
> fly. Anyone knows one?

It would help if you let us know which operating system you intend on using.

Re: Search: Applikation to encrypt on the fly [ In reply to ]
Check out TrueCrypt. Doesn't enceyp to your key but works great.

--
Sent from my mobile device

Re: Search: Applikation to encrypt on the fly [ In reply to ]
Windows 7 would be nice. But Linux would also OK.

Re: Search: Applikation to encrypt on the fly [ In reply to ]
Truecrypt is great, but it forces you to use containers.
I need each file to be encrypted on its own.

Re: Search: Applikation to encrypt on the fly [ In reply to ]
Hm... Under GNU/Linux there's ecryptfs, but I'm not sure if it's
capable of using a GPG key for decrypting the symmetric key? It doesn't
use containers and actually encrypts each file individually. It does
have its own structure for file layout, though (technically, you can
identify which file is which by timestamp, for example).

On 2012-04-17 08:07, Ricardo Martinez Moya wrote:
> Truecrypt is great, but it forces you to use containers.
> I need each file to be encrypted on its own.
> Am 17.04.2012 04:09 schrieb "Anthony Papillon" <papillion@gmail.com>:
>
>> Check out TrueCrypt. Doesn't enceyp to your key but works great.
>>
>> --
>> Sent from my mobile device
>>
>> On Apr 16, 2012, at 5:02 PM, elgringo@gmx.net wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am looking for an application the surveys a folder, and once I
>>> drop a
>>> file there it is being encrypted with my GPG key. The background
>>> is, that I
>>> want to use folder to be synced with a remote location (dropbox).
>>> And I
>>> just want to be shure the files are encrypted on the fly.
>>> Anyone knows one?
>>>
>>> Best
>>>
>>> Pete

Branko Majic
Jabber: branko@majic.rs
Please use only Free formats when sending attachments to me.

Бранко Мајић
Џабер: branko@majic.rs
Молим вас да додатке шаљете искључиво у слободним форматима.

Re: Search: Applikation to encrypt on the fly [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 08:04, ricardo@martinet.de said:
> Windows 7 would be nice. But Linux would also OK.

Write a system service / daemon, wait for changes in the directory and
then call gpg (best via gpgme) to encrypt the file. Or do it with a
simple script controlled by a cron job (under Unix).

Salam-Shalom,

Werner

Re: Search: Applikation to encrypt on the fly [ In reply to ]
Yepp, that was what I was thinking to do if there is no ready-to-go
application for it. Thanks though.

Re: Search: Applikation to encrypt on the fly [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 09:13, branko@majic.rs said:
> Hm... Under GNU/Linux there's ecryptfs, but I'm not sure if it's
> capable of using a GPG key for decrypting the symmetric key? It

GnuPG-2.1-beta comes with the g13 tool which uses an OpenPGP or X.509
key as the encfs key. encfs is just one backend, it is possible to
implement a backend for ecryptfs as well.

Salam-Shalom,

Werner