Mailing List Archive

Gentoo repositories (Zugaina)
Howdy,


I just ran 'layman -L' and see that most repositories
are now running git. However, zugaina, is not (yet?).
Aren't they all going to (suppose to) migrate to git?

I was able to use layman to sync zugaina [1].
But, eix-update failed extensively on the zugaina overlay.

Comments from anyone familiar with zugaina is most appreciated.


ideas?
James

[1] http://gpo.zugaina.org/
Re: Gentoo repositories (Zugaina) [ In reply to ]
On 16/12/2014 20:10, James wrote:
> Howdy,
>
>
> I just ran 'layman -L' and see that most repositories
> are now running git. However, zugaina, is not (yet?).
> Aren't they all going to (suppose to) migrate to git?

Overlays maintainers are supposed to do whatever they feel like. This
includes using or not using git.

There is no "supposed to"
>
> I was able to use layman to sync zugaina [1].
> But, eix-update failed extensively on the zugaina overlay.
>
> Comments from anyone familiar with zugaina is most appreciated.

error messages?


--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckinnon@gmail.com
Re: Gentoo repositories (Zugaina) [ In reply to ]
Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:


> > But, eix-update failed extensively on the zugaina overlay.

> error messages?


The entire zugaina repo fails on 'eix-update' all of the other
repos are fine, even my local repo with 'eix-update'

too numerous to grab top. Here's a few examples:



ebuild failed with status 1
Reading category 41|163 ( 25%): dev-perl ..
Could not properly execute
/var/lib/layman/zugaina/dev-perl/Crypt-OpenSSL-DSA/Crypt-OpenSSL-DSA-0.13.ebuild
Reading category 41|163 ( 25%): dev-perl .. * ERROR:
dev-perl/Data-Serializer-0.570::zugaina failed (depend phase):
* EAPI=3 is not supported by perl-module.eclass

<snip>

Reading category 107|163 ( 65%): net-news ..
Could not properly execute
/var/lib/layman/zugaina/net-news/feed2imap/feed2imap-0.7.ebuild
Reading category 109|163 ( 66%): net-p2p .. * ERROR:
net-p2p/freenet-0.7_p1218::zugaina failed (depend phase):
* git.eclass could not be found by inherit()
*
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 550: Called source
'/var/lib/layman/zugaina/net-p2p/freenet/freenet-0.7_p1218.ebuild'
* freenet-0.7_p1218.ebuild, line 12: Called inherit 'eutils' 'git'
'java-pkg-2' 'java-ant-2' 'multilib'
* ebuild.sh, line 257: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* [[ -z ${location} ]] && die "${1}.eclass could not be found by inherit()"
*
* If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info
'=net-p2p/freenet-0.7_p1218::zugaina'`,
* the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv
'=net-p2p/freenet-0.7_p1218::zugaina'`.
* Working directory: '/usr/lib64/python3.3/site-packages'
* S: '/freenet-0.7_p1218'

ebuild failed with status 1
Reading category 109|163 ( 66%): net-p2p ..
Could not properly execute
/var/lib/layman/zugaina/net-p2p/freenet/freenet-0.7_p1218.ebuild
Reading category 163|163 (100%) Finished
[5] 'jackslap' /usr/local/portage (cache:
parse|ebuild*#metadata-md5#metadata-assign#assign)
Reading category 163|163 (100%) Finished
Applying masks ..
Calculating hash tables ..
Writing database file /var/cache/eix/portage.eix ..
Database contains 18672 packages in 163 categories.


Usually I wait a few hours and they sync. All the other repos are fine.
I wish there was a tool, like elogviewer for eix-update.
Ideas?



James
Re: Gentoo repositories (Zugaina) [ In reply to ]
Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:

> error messages?
>


I caught the beginning with a <cntl Z>


[1] 'sunrise' /var/lib/layman/sunrise (cache:
parse|ebuild*#metadata-md5#metadata-assign#assign)
Reading category 163|163 (100%) Finished
[2] 'ultrabug' /var/lib/layman/ultrabug (cache:
parse|ebuild*#metadata-md5#metadata-assign#assign)
Reading category 163|163 (100%) Finished
[3] 'alunduil' /var/lib/layman/alunduil (cache:
parse|ebuild*#metadata-md5#metadata-assign#assign)
Reading category 163|163 (100%) Finished
[4] 'zugaina' /var/lib/layman/zugaina (cache:
parse|ebuild*#metadata-md5#metadata-assign#assign)
Reading category 37|163 ( 22%): dev-libs .. * ERROR:
dev-libs/libprelude-0.9.20::zugaina failed (depend phase):
* EAPI= is not supported by perl-module.eclass
*
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 550: Called source
'/var/lib/layman/zugaina/dev-libs/libprelude/libprelude-0.9.20.ebuild'
* libprelude-0.9.20.ebuild, line 5: Called inherit 'perl-module'
'flag-o-matic' 'eutils'
* ebuild.sh, line 280: Called __qa_source
'/usr/portage/eclass/perl-module.eclass'
* ebuild.sh, line 80: Called source
'/usr/portage/eclass/perl-module.eclass'
* perl-module.eclass, line 48: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* die "EAPI=${EAPI} is not supported by perl-module.eclass"
*
* If you need support


A perl issue I have not seen before.


Maybe something in my perl is amiss or new? Many these EAPI versions are too
old? Surely portage still has older EAPI-2 and -3 packages that 'eix-update'
works with updates.

I never had this problem with zugaina before.....


ideas?


James
Re: Re: Gentoo repositories (Zugaina) [ In reply to ]
On 16/12/2014 22:02, James wrote:
> Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>
>>> But, eix-update failed extensively on the zugaina overlay.
>
>> error messages?
>
>
> The entire zugaina repo fails on 'eix-update' all of the other
> repos are fine, even my local repo with 'eix-update'
>
> too numerous to grab top. Here's a few examples:
>
>
>
> ebuild failed with status 1
> Reading category 41|163 ( 25%): dev-perl ..
> Could not properly execute
> /var/lib/layman/zugaina/dev-perl/Crypt-OpenSSL-DSA/Crypt-OpenSSL-DSA-0.13.ebuild
> Reading category 41|163 ( 25%): dev-perl .. * ERROR:
> dev-perl/Data-Serializer-0.570::zugaina failed (depend phase):
> * EAPI=3 is not supported by perl-module.eclass

The repo content is broken. Nothing to do with not-git

Tell the overlay maintainer to fix the ebuilds hosted there


--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckinnon@gmail.com
Re: Re: Gentoo repositories (Zugaina) [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 16 December 2014 20:18:10 James wrote:

> I caught the beginning with a <cntl Z>

CTRL-S and CTRL-Q are also very useful. Sometimes you have to be pretty
quick on the keys, though.

--
Rgds
Peter.
Re: Re: Gentoo repositories (Zugaina) [ In reply to ]
Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 December 2014 20:18:10 James wrote:
>
>> I caught the beginning with a <cntl Z>
> CTRL-S and CTRL-Q are also very useful. Sometimes you have to be pretty
> quick on the keys, though.
>

Do you have a link that lists all those options? I'd like to read up on
that some.

Thanks.

Dale

:-) :-)
Re: Re: Gentoo repositories (Zugaina) [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 17 December 2014 04:03:48 Dale wrote:
> Peter Humphrey wrote:
> > On Tuesday 16 December 2014 20:18:10 James wrote:
> >> I caught the beginning with a <cntl Z>
> >
> > CTRL-S and CTRL-Q are also very useful. Sometimes you have to be pretty
> > quick on the keys, though.
>
> Do you have a link that lists all those options? I'd like to read up on
> that some.

No, sorry. That's just one I remember from about 20 years ago.

Still up? ! :-)

--
Rgds
Peter.
Re: Re: Gentoo repositories (Zugaina) [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 17 December 2014 10:11:22 I wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 December 2014 04:03:48 Dale wrote:
> > Peter Humphrey wrote:
> > > On Tuesday 16 December 2014 20:18:10 James wrote:
> > >> I caught the beginning with a <cntl Z>
> > >
> > > CTRL-S and CTRL-Q are also very useful. Sometimes you have to be
> > > pretty
> > > quick on the keys, though.
> >
> > Do you have a link that lists all those options? I'd like to read up on
> > that some.
>
> No, sorry. That's just one I remember from about 20 years ago.

Googling for "xterm control keys" threw this up:

http://how-to.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_use_short-cut_keys_in_xterm_and_other_terminals

--
Rgds
Peter.
Re: Re: Gentoo repositories (Zugaina) [ In reply to ]
Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 December 2014 10:11:22 I wrote:
>> On Wednesday 17 December 2014 04:03:48 Dale wrote:
>>> Peter Humphrey wrote:
>>>> On Tuesday 16 December 2014 20:18:10 James wrote:
>>>>> I caught the beginning with a <cntl Z>
>>>> CTRL-S and CTRL-Q are also very useful. Sometimes you have to be
>>>> pretty
>>>> quick on the keys, though.
>>> Do you have a link that lists all those options? I'd like to read up on
>>> that some.
>> No, sorry. That's just one I remember from about 20 years ago.
> Googling for "xterm control keys" threw this up:
>
> http://how-to.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_use_short-cut_keys_in_xterm_and_other_terminals
>

Yew da man!!! My first problem, I didn't know what to search for. That
will get bookmarked and keyworded with ctrl to help me find it when I
need it.

Thanks much!!

Dale

:-) :-)
Re: Re: Gentoo repositories (Zugaina) [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 09:57:51 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:

> > I caught the beginning with a <cntl Z>
>
> CTRL-S and CTRL-Q are also very useful. Sometimes you have to be pretty
> quick on the keys, though.

Or run the command with script.


--
Neil Bothwick

Three kinds of people: Those who can count, and those who can't.