Mailing List Archive

Re: [entirely ON topic] Thanks to the devs
On 05/23/2012 12:10 PM, Michael Mol wrote:
> I've noticed a lot of overt participation on this list by gentoo
> devs[1], especially in scenarios where they're explaining rationales
> and reasoning behind changes that affect users.
>
> I'd just like to say thank you for the work you guys do.
>
> Thank you for the work you guys do.

I posted the same, but a long time ago, so I'll add a mee too.

(Thanking the suse devs here would of course be very inappropriate ;)
Re: Re: [entirely ON topic] Thanks to the devs [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 23 May 2012 16:42:15 -0700
walt <w41ter@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 05/23/2012 12:10 PM, Michael Mol wrote:
> > I've noticed a lot of overt participation on this list by gentoo
> > devs[1], especially in scenarios where they're explaining rationales
> > and reasoning behind changes that affect users.
> >
> > I'd just like to say thank you for the work you guys do.
> >
> > Thank you for the work you guys do.
>
> I posted the same, but a long time ago, so I'll add a mee too.
>
> (Thanking the suse devs here would of course be very inappropriate ;)

But then you'd be excluding gregkh and *that* would be very
inappropriate ;-)



--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckinnon@gmail.com
Re: Re: [entirely ON topic] Thanks to the devs [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 24 May 2012 02:03:07 +0200
Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 May 2012 16:42:15 -0700
> walt <w41ter@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 05/23/2012 12:10 PM, Michael Mol wrote:
> > > I've noticed a lot of overt participation on this list by gentoo
> > > devs[1], especially in scenarios where they're explaining
> > > rationales and reasoning behind changes that affect users.
> > >
> > > I'd just like to say thank you for the work you guys do.
> > >
> > > Thank you for the work you guys do.
> >
> > I posted the same, but a long time ago, so I'll add a mee too.

Another me too.

> > (Thanking the suse devs here would of course be very
> > inappropriate ;)
>
> But then you'd be excluding gregkh and *that* would be very
> inappropriate ;-)

Is gregkh still a SUSE dev? I thought he now works for Linux
Foundation (since February).

Kerwin.
Re: Re: [entirely ON topic] Thanks to the devs [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 24 May 2012 13:16:51 +0800
kwkhui@hkbn.net wrote:

> On Thu, 24 May 2012 02:03:07 +0200
> Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 23 May 2012 16:42:15 -0700
> > walt <w41ter@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > On 05/23/2012 12:10 PM, Michael Mol wrote:
> > > > I've noticed a lot of overt participation on this list by gentoo
> > > > devs[1], especially in scenarios where they're explaining
> > > > rationales and reasoning behind changes that affect users.
> > > >
> > > > I'd just like to say thank you for the work you guys do.
> > > >
> > > > Thank you for the work you guys do.
> > >
> > > I posted the same, but a long time ago, so I'll add a mee too.
>
> Another me too.
>
> > > (Thanking the suse devs here would of course be very
> > > inappropriate ;)
> >
> > But then you'd be excluding gregkh and *that* would be very
> > inappropriate ;-)
>
> Is gregkh still a SUSE dev? I thought he now works for Linux
> Foundation (since February).


He did mention on his blog at the time he wanted to continue working on
SuSE and Gentoo kernels. As for what he is actually doing these day, I
don't know


--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckinnon@gmail.com