this dependency? I'm not familiar at writing ebuild files so my
question may be a little bit silly. :)

Thanks in advance!

András

--
--  Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando)  -- http://sayusi.hu --
http://facebook.com/andras.csanyi
--  ""Trust in God and keep your gunpowder dry!" - Cromwell
Re: qbittorrent and icui18n lib [ In reply to ]
Am 28.04.2012 12:54, schrieb András Csányi:
> Dear All,
>
> I can't decide whether it's an issue which must be reported or not.
> My qbittorent messed up everything in the last two days and now I
> started it from Konsole to see what the output is. I can see this:
>
> sayusi@sa-home ~ $ qbittorrent &
> [1] 19445
> sayusi@sa-home ~ $ Unable to load library icui18n "Cannot load library
> icui18n: (libicui18n.so.48: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory)"
> Couldn't set environment variable...
>
> I remember a few days ago a part of my system rebuilt
> (revdep-rebuild), for example libreoffice, because this library has
> been changed. Should I report this issue in bugs.gentoo.org to handle
> this dependency? I'm not familiar at writing ebuild files so my
> question may be a little bit silly. :)
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> András

Have you tried re-emerging qbittorrent? If the library was upgraded,
this seems to be necessary. revdep-rebuild should have reported this
issue but maybe qbittorrent uses dlopen() and friends to load the
library. revdep cannot handle this.

Regards,
Florian Philipp
Re: qbittorrent and icui18n lib [ In reply to ]
On 28 April 2012 14:55, Florian Philipp <lists@binarywings.net> wrote:

> Have you tried re-emerging qbittorrent? If the library was upgraded,
> this seems to be necessary. revdep-rebuild should have reported this
> issue but maybe qbittorrent uses dlopen() and friends to load the
> library. revdep cannot handle this.

Yes, I have tried but the issue is the same. On the other hand,
qbittorrent is not able to start for some other reason.

Re: qbittorrent and icui18n lib [ In reply to ]
Hi, András,

On Saturday, 28. April 2012 12:54:42 András Csányi wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I can't decide whether it's an issue which must be reported or not.
> My qbittorent messed up everything in the last two days and now I
> started it from Konsole to see what the output is. I can see this:
>
> sayusi@sa-home ~ $ qbittorrent &
> [1] 19445
> sayusi@sa-home ~ $ Unable to load library icui18n "Cannot load library
> icui18n: (libicui18n.so.48: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory)"

i've been faced with this, too.
revdev-rebuild does not catch some qt plugins that seem to link against or
dl() i18n from libicu. You can try to reemerge qt-core (which installs those
plugins):

emerge -1 qt-core

> Couldn't set environment variable...

This may be something unrelated.

SaCu
Re: qbittorrent and icui18n lib [ In reply to ]
On 04/28/2012 06:04 AM, András Csányi wrote:
> On 28 April 2012 14:55, Florian Philipp <lists@binarywings.net> wrote:
>
>> Have you tried re-emerging qbittorrent? If the library was upgraded,
>> this seems to be necessary. revdep-rebuild should have reported this
>> issue but maybe qbittorrent uses dlopen() and friends to load the
>> library. revdep cannot handle this.
>
> Yes, I have tried but the issue is the same. On the other hand,
> qbittorrent is not able to start for some other reason.

If rebuilding qbittorrent didn't fix the missing library problem, then
some other library that qbittorrent uses also needs rebuilding.

One of my favorite tools is lddtree (app-misc/pax-utils) which will
make it obvious which other library is at fault.
Re: Re: qbittorrent and icui18n lib [ In reply to ]
On 04/28/2012 09:05 PM, walt wrote:
> On 04/28/2012 06:04 AM, András Csányi wrote:
>> On 28 April 2012 14:55, Florian Philipp <lists@binarywings.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Have you tried re-emerging qbittorrent? If the library was upgraded,
>>> this seems to be necessary. revdep-rebuild should have reported this
>>> issue but maybe qbittorrent uses dlopen() and friends to load the
>>> library. revdep cannot handle this.
>>
>> Yes, I have tried but the issue is the same. On the other hand,
>> qbittorrent is not able to start for some other reason.
>
> If rebuilding qbittorrent didn't fix the missing library problem, then
> some other library that qbittorrent uses also needs rebuilding.
>
> One of my favorite tools is lddtree (app-misc/pax-utils) which will
> make it obvious which other library is at fault.

You should rebuild qt-core because this is the package that uses
dlopen() to load libicu. This should fix the problem with qbittorrent.

Re: Re: qbittorrent and icui18n lib [ In reply to ]
On 28 April 2012 22:24, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@gentoo.org> wrote:
> You should rebuild qt-core because this is the package that uses
> dlopen() to load libicu. This should fix the problem with qbittorrent.

Yes, it is solved now but for some other reason qbittorrent went
crazy. I mean, not possible to set the download location in a case of
particular torrent up. :(

Re: Re: qbittorrent and icui18n lib [ In reply to ]
On 04/28/2012 09:33 PM, András Csányi wrote:
> On 28 April 2012 22:24, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> You should rebuild qt-core because this is the package that uses
>> dlopen() to load libicu. This should fix the problem with qbittorrent.
>
> Yes, it is solved now but for some other reason qbittorrent went
> crazy. I mean, not possible to set the download location in a case of
> particular torrent up. :(

This is not related to libicu and you probably need to ask the upstream
developer