Mailing List Archive

hylafax+
It seems to me finally hylafax was removed from portage :-(

I need this application so I installed one via layman paddymac "hylafax+"
however the init script did wasn't install.
How to write the init script for this hylafax+?

--
Joseph
Re: hylafax+ [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 6:48 PM, Joseph <syscon780@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems to me finally hylafax was removed from portage :-(
>
> I need this application so I installed one via layman paddymac "hylafax+"
> however the init script did wasn't install. How to write the init script for
> this hylafax+?
>
> --
> Joseph
>

If it was removed from portage might it be in sunset?

- Mark
Re: hylafax+ [ In reply to ]
On 03/26/12 19:02, Mark Knecht wrote:
>On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 6:48 PM, Joseph <syscon780@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It seems to me finally hylafax was removed from portage :-(
>>
>> I need this application so I installed one via layman paddymac "hylafax+"
>> however the init script did wasn't install. How to write the init script for
>> this hylafax+?
>>
>> --
>> Joseph
>>
>
>If it was removed from portage might it be in sunset?
>
>- Mark

No, it is not there :-/

--
Joseph
Re: hylafax+ [ In reply to ]
On 03/27/2012 03:48 AM, Joseph wrote:
> It seems to me finally hylafax was removed from portage :-(
>
> I need this application so I installed one via layman paddymac "hylafax+"
> however the init script did wasn't install. How to write the init script
> for this hylafax+?

According to [1] hylafax+ never made it into the Gentoo main tree. So I
suppose you refer to the recently removed net-misc/hylafax? You can
resurrect ebuilds of the latter from [2]. Good luck!

If you end up maintaining hylafax in an overlay of yours, please get in
touch with overlays@g.o. so we can add that overlay to the layman registry.

Best,




Sebastian



[1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=168890
[2]
http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/net-misc/hylafax/?hideattic=0
Re: hylafax+ [ In reply to ]
Joseph <syscon780 <at> gmail.com> writes:


> I need this application so I installed one via layman paddymac "hylafax+"
> however the init script did wasn't install.
> How to write the init script for this hylafax+?

As way pointed out, you will most like become the maintainer so:
Here are a few links that may help.

http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Creating_an_Updated_Ebuild

http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/sunrise/wiki/CodingStandards

http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Writing_Ebuilds

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=2&chap=1

http://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/index.html


hth, (google for more)

James
Re: Re: hylafax+ [ In reply to ]
On 03/27/12 14:47, James wrote:
>Joseph <syscon780 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>
>> I need this application so I installed one via layman paddymac "hylafax+"
>> however the init script did wasn't install.
>> How to write the init script for this hylafax+?
>
>As way pointed out, you will most like become the maintainer so:
>Here are a few links that may help.
>
>http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Creating_an_Updated_Ebuild
>
>http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/sunrise/wiki/CodingStandards
>
>http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Writing_Ebuilds
>
>http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml
>
>http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=2&chap=1
>
>http://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/index.html
>
>
>hth, (google for more)
>
>James

I don't have skills to maintain ebuild :-/

--
Joseph