that easy.
What can I do ? Couldn't find anything in the doc.
And a happy Xmas to you all.
Re: kdm keymap [ In reply to ]
On Friday 24 December 2010 14:12:17 alain.didierjean@free.fr wrote:
> I use hal. No more xorg.conf.
> Since I updated kdm to v.4.4.5 it use a QWERTY keymap, when it worked OK in
> previous 4.4.* version after modifying
> /etc/hal/fdi/policy/10-x11-input.fdi. I try adding the following 2 lines
> also in
> /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/10-x11-input.fdi, just in case :
> <merge
> key="input.xkb.options"type="string">terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp</merge>
> <merge key="input.xkb.layout" type="string">fr</merge>
>
> Of course I also checked french as language in the kdl config panel.
> Obviously, entering a password using an AZERTY keyboard & a QWERTY keymap
> is not that easy.
> What can I do ? Couldn't find anything in the doc.
> And a happy Xmas to you all.

If you haven't yet fixed this, install the latest stable xorg-server and run
Xorg -configure to create a new xorg.conf file. Without HAL the .fdi files
are no longer the way to configure input devices. Depending on your hardware
you will also need to configure your kernel to use KMS.

Have a look at this page for more details:

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xorg-config.xml
Mick
Re: kdm keymap [ In reply to ]
On Friday 24 December 2010 15:12:17 alain.didierjean@free.fr wrote:
> I use hal. No more xorg.conf.
> Since I updated kdm to v.4.4.5 it use a QWERTY keymap, when it worked OK in
> previous 4.4.* version after modifying /etc/hal/fdi/policy/10-x11-input.fdi.
> I try adding the following 2 lines also in
> /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/10-x11-input.fdi, just in case :
> <merge
> key="input.xkb.options"type="string">terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp</merge> <merge
> key="input.xkb.layout" type="string">fr</merge>
>
> Of course I also checked french as language in the kdl config panel.
> Obviously, entering a password using an AZERTY keyboard & a QWERTY keymap is
> not that easy.
> What can I do ? Couldn't find anything in the doc.
> And a happy Xmas to you all.

had a similar problem, finally I did something stupid to solve it:
I put setxkbmap de & into /usr/share/config/kdm/Xsetup