Due peper lack of time the following packages are now up for grabs:
app-dicts/libydpdict
app-dicts/ydpdict
Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Due "Lack" lack of time the following packages are now up for grabs:
net-dns/openresolv
x11-misc/etm
x11-misc/ipager
x11-misc/nts
Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Due cedk lack of time the following packages are now up for grabs:
app-admin/eselect-audicle
app-admin/eselect-chuck
app-admin/eselect-miniaudicle
app-admin/eselect-sndpeek
app-misc/hachoir-metadata
app-misc/hachoir-subfile
app-misc/hachoir-urwid
app-misc/lsx
app-office/calcurse
dev-db/pg_top
dev-python/hachoir-core
dev-python/hachoir-parser
dev-python/hachoir-regex
dev-python/pycountry
dev-python/pywebdav
dev-util/nsis
dev-vcs/hgsvn
media-sound/audicle
media-sound/chuck
media-sound/miniaudicle
media-sound/tapestrea
net-im/minbif
net-misc/olsrd
net-news/snownews
net-print/lm1100
sci-misc/pythoncad
www-apache/mod_auth_nufw
Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Due c1pher lack of time the following packages are now up for grabs:
app-benchmarks/ramspeed
app-text/mht-rip
net-analyzer/ostinato
net-wireless/mdk
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On 06/02/2013 07:02 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> Due c1pher lack of time the following packages are now up for grabs:
> app-benchmarks/ramspeed

I'm the last person to have done some maintenance on ramspeed. I can
take care of it.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org> wrote:
> dev-python/hachoir-core
> dev-python/hachoir-parser
> dev-python/hachoir-regex
> dev-python/pycountry
> dev-python/pywebdav

I think the python herd will take these.

Cheers,

Dirkjan
Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Due ramereth lack of time:
sys-block/megacli
net-misc/stunnel
app-admin/mcollective
Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Due nixphoeni lack of time the following package is up for grabs:
app-misc/gourmet
Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Due ferringb retirement the following packages are up for grabs:
app-arch/tarsync
dev-python/snakeoil
dev-util/bsdiff
dev-util/diffball
sys-apps/pkgcore (likely to be treecleaned as it's no longer maintained
and neither has eapi5 support)
Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Due elvanor lack of time the following packages are up for grabs:
app-office/openerp-server
net-print/xerox-drivers
media-gfx/iscan-plugin-gt-f720
net-libs/pjsip
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
El dom, 16-06-2013 a las 12:03 +0200, Pacho Ramos escribió:
> Due elvanor lack of time the following packages are up for grabs:
> app-office/openerp-server
> net-print/xerox-drivers
> media-gfx/iscan-plugin-gt-f720
> net-libs/pjsip

Also:
app-office/openerp-client
app-office/openerp-web
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On 16/06/2013 11:03, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> media-gfx/iscan-plugin-gt-f720

I'll clean it up so that it behaves like the other iscan-plugins but if
somebody has hardware that would be nice to co-maintain (including users)

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
flameeyes@flameeyes.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
RE: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 16 Jun 2013, at 02:31, Pacho Ramos thusly quipped:
> Due ramereth lack of time:
> net-misc/stunnel

Pretty sure my (dead, eventually to be revived) server uses stunnel. I've never officially maintained anything, is there some documentation somewhere as to what exactly I'm agreeing to, if I take on proxy maintainer-ship? Also, of how proxy maintainer-ship actually works? I.e.: would I need some particular person to agree to be my commit-bitch or can I just sign off on patches, somehow, and expect a pool of commit-bitches to magically push commits for me?

-gmt
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On 06/16/2013 02:19 PM, gmt@malth.us wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jun 2013, at 02:31, Pacho Ramos thusly quipped:
>> Due ramereth lack of time:
>> net-misc/stunnel
>
> Pretty sure my (dead, eventually to be revived) server uses stunnel. I've never officially maintained anything, is there some documentation somewhere as to what exactly I'm agreeing to, if I take on proxy maintainer-ship? Also, of how proxy maintainer-ship actually works? I.e.: would I need some particular person to agree to be my commit-bitch or can I just sign off on patches, somehow, and expect a pool of commit-bitches to magically push commits for me?
>
> -gmt

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/proxy-maintainers/

Afaik any of the proxy maintainers listed there can be contacted
whenever you need to apply changes to the ebuild.

They will do some kind of minimal review to check that coding style and
general ebuild rules are respected.

But basically any developer can be your proxy.
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
El dom, 16-06-2013 a las 05:19 -0700, gmt@malth.us escribió:
> On Sun, 16 Jun 2013, at 02:31, Pacho Ramos thusly quipped:
> > Due ramereth lack of time:
> > net-misc/stunnel
>
> Pretty sure my (dead, eventually to be revived) server uses stunnel. I've never officially maintained anything, is there some documentation somewhere as to what exactly I'm agreeing to, if I take on proxy maintainer-ship? Also, of how proxy maintainer-ship actually works? I.e.: would I need some particular person to agree to be my commit-bitch or can I just sign off on patches, somehow, and expect a pool of commit-bitches to magically push commits for me?
>
> -gmt

I think you will need to simply contact proxy-maint people (CCing them)
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/proxy-maintainers/
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Due ferringb retirement the following packages are up for grabs:
> dev-python/snakeoil
> sys-apps/pkgcore (likely to be treecleaned as it's no longer maintained
> and neither has eapi5 support)

Looks like these should go together, with pkgcore-checks (currently
maintained by python, but I'm not sure that makes sense). There's also
app-portage/maintainer-helper, which has a dead HOMEPAGE in jokey's ~
on woodpecker.

Cheers,

Dirkjan
RE: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 16 Jun 2013, at 05:27, Pacho Ramos thusly quipped:

> El dom, 16-06-2013 a las 05:19 -0700, gmt@malth.us escribió:
>> On Sun, 16 Jun 2013, at 02:31, Pacho Ramos thusly quipped:
>>> Due ramereth lack of time:
>>> net-misc/stunnel
>>
>> Pretty sure my (dead, eventually to be revived) server uses stunnel. I've never
> officially maintained anything, is there some documentation somewhere as to
> what exactly I'm agreeing to, if I take on proxy maintainer-ship? Also, of how
> proxy maintainer-ship actually works? I.e.: would I need some particular person
> to agree to be my commit-bitch or can I just sign off on patches, somehow, and
> expect a pool of commit-bitches to magically push commits for me?
>>
>> -gmt
>>

> I think you will need to simply contact proxy-maint people (CCing them)
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/proxy-maintainers/

Maybe I shouldn't do this just yet. I need to figure out whether the box in question gets its stunnel from gentoo or some other distribution (it has a severe multiple personality disorder).

If I take on maintainer-ship and it turns out I don't actually use the ebuild in-house, dereliction of duty on my part is almost an inevitability. On the other hand, if I am relying on the ebuild, I'll almost certainly want to proxy-maintain, once I get my hardware issues sorted out. There'd be no problem resurrecting it from the grave, if need be, would there?

-gmt
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On 16/06/2013 23:02, gmt@malth.us wrote:
> There'd be no problem resurrecting it from the grave, if need be, would there?

Please note that being unmaintained does not mean the package will be
removed. That would only happen if there are long term unresolved issues
with the package.

Best regards,
Michael
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On 06/16/2013 08:27 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> El dom, 16-06-2013 a las 05:19 -0700, gmt@malth.us escribió:
>> On Sun, 16 Jun 2013, at 02:31, Pacho Ramos thusly quipped:
>>> Due ramereth lack of time:
>>> net-misc/stunnel
>> Pretty sure my (dead, eventually to be revived) server uses stunnel. I've never officially maintained anything, is there some documentation somewhere as to what exactly I'm agreeing to, if I take on proxy maintainer-ship? Also, of how proxy maintainer-ship actually works? I.e.: would I need some particular person to agree to be my commit-bitch or can I just sign off on patches, somehow, and expect a pool of commit-bitches to magically push commits for me?
>>
>> -gmt
>>
> I think you will need to simply contact proxy-maint people (CCing them)
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/proxy-maintainers/

arg sorry! I already took this, cleaned it up and bumped it to 4.56 for
an outstanding security issue, bug #460278. gmt, I'd be happy to work
with you in the future.

Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 6:49 AM, Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Due ferringb retirement the following packages are up for grabs:
> dev-util/diffball

I'll take it.

--
Rafael Goncalves Martins
Gentoo Linux developer
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
16.06.2013 13:49, Pacho Ramos пишет:
> Due ferringb retirement the following packages are up for grabs:>
>
> dev-util/bsdiff

I will take care of it...

--
Best regards, Sergey Popov
Gentoo developer
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
It's low maintenance; only thing needed is either to rebase to my
libtransform work, or add proper xz support.

Either way, any questions, let me know.
~brian

Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On 06/16/2013 11:31 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> Due ramereth lack of time:
> sys-block/megacli

As a very unhappy owner of hardware that uses it, I'll take it.
Cheers,
Kacper
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On 06/16/13 11:49, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> Due ferringb retirement the following packages are up for grabs:
> app-arch/tarsync
* app-arch/tarsync
Available versions: (~)0.2.1 (~)0.2.1-r1
Homepage: http://gentooexperimental.org/~ferringb/tarsync/
binary patches

^^^ also this may need a new maintainer, it already need a new homepage
(404)

> dev-python/snakeoil
> dev-util/bsdiff
> dev-util/diffball
> sys-apps/pkgcore (likely to be treecleaned as it's no longer maintained
> and neither has eapi5 support)

1 2  View All