According to icinga, the outage was approximately 20h (packages
continues to be down.)

-A
Re: OUTAGE: {get,planet,packages,devmanual,infra-status,bouncer,} [ In reply to ]
Alec Warner wrote:
> All services except packages.gentoo.org and bouncer.gentoo.org should
> be functional again (we are waiting on an ACL changes for p.g.o.)
> According to icinga, the outage was approximately 20h (packages
> continues to be down.)

Probably nobody even noticed. I sure didn't.

Thanks to all who helped get things back up!

//Peter
Re: OUTAGE: {get,planet,packages,devmanual,infra-status,bouncer,} [ In reply to ]
p.g.o is fixed, but the dns TTL was set to half a day, so it will be
that long before users get the fixed experience.

Re: OUTAGE: {get,planet,packages,devmanual,infra-status,bouncer,} [ In reply to ]
20.10.2012 17:44, Alec Warner wrote:
> p.g.o is fixed, but the dns TTL was set to half a day, so it will be
> that long before users get the fixed experience.

Now i am receiving such error while opening packages.gentoo.org:

"Empty Page!
If you expected a real website instead something must be wrong. :-( "

Is this related to DNS resolving to wrong address on my side?

nslookup show me:

packages.gentoo.org canonical name = brambling.gentoo.org.
Name: brambling.gentoo.org
Address: 140.211.166.178