Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Re: autotools.eclass no longer inherits eutils; check your ebuilds! [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 24 May 2012 00:02:37 -0600
Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@gentoo.org> wrote:
> I don't see how removing an inherit is breaking an eclass' API.

The way eclasses are defined, the eclasses it inherits are itself part
of its API. You can think of it using the lousy OO analogy that gave
eclasses their name: the (public) superclasses of a class are part of
its API.

--
Ciaran McCreesh
Re: autotools.eclass no longer inherits eutils; check your ebuilds! [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 24 May 2012 14:02:05 +0100
Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 24 May 2012 00:02:37 -0600
> Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > I don't see how removing an inherit is breaking an eclass' API.
>
> The way eclasses are defined, the eclasses it inherits are itself part
> of its API. You can think of it using the lousy OO analogy that gave
> eclasses their name: the (public) superclasses of a class are part of
> its API.

Like I said, technically it is. And that's terrible. Let's ignore it. :D

--
fonts, gcc-porting
toolchain, wxwidgets

1 2  View All