Mailing List Archive

Vulnerability in Backtrack
Is good evening. I is would like to warn you about is vulnerability in
Backtrack is all version.

Backtrack Linux is penetration tester is system. Is come complete with
tool for to make hacking for penetration tester.

In is booting Backtrack, vulnerability exist in booting for when start
if attacker is edit grub, attacker can bypass restricted user and is
boot into admin account. E.g.:

grub edit > kernel /boom/vmlinuz-2.3.11.7 root=/dev/sda1 ro Single
[ENTER]
grub edit > b
# mount -t proc proc /proc
# mount -o remount,rw /
# passwd
[ENTER IS ANYTHING YOU WANT]
# sync
# reboot

I is will make this into video for bypassing security in Backtrack for
to post on InfoSecInstitute

--

`Wherever I is go - there am I routed`

Re: Vulnerability in Backtrack [ In reply to ]
I have a more critical vulnerability: "root" default password is "toor"

¬¬

Re: Vulnerability in Backtrack [ In reply to ]
*sigh* vulnerability reports like this make me sad.

Re: Vulnerability in Backtrack [ In reply to ]
It makes me laugh! hahahaha

Re: Vulnerability in Backtrack [ In reply to ]
Next thing ya know he will publish a disclosure on the default password
being toor.

Re: Vulnerability in Backtrack [ In reply to ]
it makes me scary! There is also on my distro! DOH! ;P

Re: Vulnerability in Backtrack [ In reply to ]
Crazy! it works in pretty much every linux by default.

This guy knows stuff. We all got to enroll on that "High School of
Security" he is talking about!!!

Re: Vulnerability in Backtrack [ In reply to ]
I like it; its kinda like the old one about anonymous hacking FTP
servers and the only way to tell is whether or not you have a user
'anonymous'