Mailing List Archive

Fwd: add www.cert.org to that list
Dunno, I can view that one (www.cert.org). Anyone else?



Get your free encrypted email at https://www.hushmail.com
Re: Fwd: add www.cert.org to that list [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Aug 31, 2002 at 02:05:46AM -0700, mr_charming@hushmail.com wrote:
> Dunno, I can view that one (www.cert.org). Anyone else?

It must be a local issue.

I can view cert, iss and securityfocus with no trouble.

--
__ /*- Frank DENIS (Jedi/Sector One) <j@42-Networks.Com> -*\ __
\ '/ <a href="http://www.PureFTPd.Org/"> Secure FTP Server </a> \' /
\/ <a href="http://www.Jedi.Claranet.Fr/"> Misc. free software </a> \/
Re: Fwd: add www.cert.org to that list [ In reply to ]
On Saturday, 2002-08-31 at 11:28:15 +0200, Jedi/Sector One wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 31, 2002 at 02:05:46AM -0700, mr_charming@hushmail.com wrote:
> > Dunno, I can view that one (www.cert.org). Anyone else?

> It must be a local issue.

> I can view cert, iss and securityfocus with no trouble.

Can you do a traceroute? My traceroute shows this:
15 194.ATM6-0.GW1.VAN1.ALTER.NET (152.63.136.237) 236.470 ms 236.021 ms 236.234 ms
16 * * *

Securityfocus uses:
GT Group Telecom Services Corp. GROUPTELECOM-BLK-3 (NET-66-38-128-0-1)
66.38.128.0 - 66.38.255.255
Security Focus GT-66-38-151-0 (NET-66-38-151-0-1)
66.38.151.0 - 66.38.151.63

I'd guess their link to alter.net is broken. And will probably not be
fixed over the weekend :-(

Lupe Christoph
--
| lupe@lupe-christoph.de | http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| Big Misunderstandings #6398: The Titanic was not supposed to be |
| unsinkable. The designer had a speech impediment. He said: "I have |
| thith great unthinkable conthept ..." |
Re: Fwd: add www.cert.org to that list [ In reply to ]
> Can you do a traceroute? My traceroute shows this:
> 15 194.ATM6-0.GW1.VAN1.ALTER.NET (152.63.136.237) 236.470 ms 236.021 ms 236.234 ms
> 16 * * *
>
> Securityfocus uses:
> GT Group Telecom Services Corp. GROUPTELECOM-BLK-3 (NET-66-38-128-0-1)
> 66.38.128.0 - 66.38.255.255
> Security Focus GT-66-38-151-0 (NET-66-38-151-0-1)
> 66.38.151.0 - 66.38.151.63
>
> I'd guess their link to alter.net is broken. And will probably not be
> fixed over the weekend :-(

Yep -- I've been seeing all traffic to securityfocus choke at a
router presumably very close to that one:

14 481 ms 981 ms 611 ms 195.ATM6-0.GW1.VAN1.ALTER.NET [152.63.136.225]
15 grouptel24-gw.customer.alter.net [157.130.158.30] reports: Destination host unreachable.

since sometime late my Friday morning (and despite the Email
address, I'm in New Zealand at +1200). I reported it to someone at
SF 24 hours later as it was still dead, and now, close to another
day later, it is still dying at that router...

CERT and ISS give me no problems.


Regards,

Nick FitzGerald