Mailing List Archive

help with sender login mismatch
Hello guys i am having this issue with exim i am trying to set a rule
like this one in postfix
reject_sender_login_mismatch that allows to reject the mismatch between
the user used in the login and the header part "FROM:" can some cast any
light over this. thank

--
## List details at https://lists.exim.org/mailman/listinfo/exim-users
## Exim details at http://www.exim.org/
## Please use the Wiki with this list - http://wiki.exim.org/
Re: help with sender login mismatch [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 18:56:18 UTC, prueba@jovenclub.cu confabulated:

> Hello guys i am having this issue with exim i am trying to set a rule
> like this one in postfix
> reject_sender_login_mismatch that allows to reject the mismatch between
> the user used in the login and the header part "FROM:" can some cast any
> light over this. thank

This works for me:

...
acl_smtp_mail = acl_check_mail
...
acl_check_mail:
...
# smtp mail [4-3]: Deny the authenticated sender if the authenticated id
# does not match the sender address.
#
deny authenticated = *
condition = ${if eq{$authenticated_id}{$sender_address}{no}{yes}}
message = Your authenticating ID must match your sending address.
log_message = 4-3: Authenticated ID ($authenticated_id) does not \
match the sending address ($sender_address).
...

--
If at first you don't succeed...
...so much for skydiving.


--
## List details at https://lists.exim.org/mailman/listinfo/exim-users
## Exim details at http://www.exim.org/
## Please use the Wiki with this list - http://wiki.exim.org/
Re: help with sender login mismatch [ In reply to ]
On Friday, April 27, 2012 at 13:30:48 UTC, odhiambo@gmail.com confabulated:

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 15:03, Duane Hill <duihi77@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 18:56:18 UTC, prueba@jovenclub.cuconfabulated:
>>
>> > Hello guys i am having this issue with exim i am trying to set a rule
>> > like this one in postfix
>> > reject_sender_login_mismatch that allows to reject the mismatch between
>> > the user used in the login and the header part "FROM:" can some cast any
>> > light over this. thank
>>
>> This works for me:
>>
>> ...
>> acl_smtp_mail = acl_check_mail
>> ...
>> acl_check_mail:
>> ...
>> # smtp mail [4-3]: Deny the authenticated sender if the authenticated id
>> # does not match the sender address.
>> #
>> deny authenticated = *
>> condition = ${if
>> eq{$authenticated_id}{$sender_address}{no}{yes}}
>> message = Your authenticating ID must match your sending
>> address.
>> log_message = 4-3: Authenticated ID ($authenticated_id) does
>> not \
>> match the sending address ($sender_address).
>> ...
>>
>>
> Hello Duane,

> Is this the only rule you use, and it works in isolation? I mean, no other
> related config option is required?

If I authenticate using duane@example.com and use duane@example.net as
the sending address, the rejection will occur. If the authenticated
ID and sending address are the same, it passes that ACL rule. What are
you referring to working in isolation? There are no other connections
to the server authenticating other than the local email accounts.

--
If at first you don't succeed...
...so much for skydiving.


--
## List details at https://lists.exim.org/mailman/listinfo/exim-users
## Exim details at http://www.exim.org/
## Please use the Wiki with this list - http://wiki.exim.org/