Splitting message with multiple to/cc/bcc
Good day!

I'm new to exim, and MTA in general. I have a task to split emails with multiple recipients in "to/cc/bcc" fields into separate emails, one recipient - one email, for confidential purposes, so that only the recipient sees him self as the only one in the "To:" field. Is this doable at all? Did not make any change to the config, just a fresh install.

Best regards,
Nick
-- ??????? -----------------------------------------------------------
?????????? ???????????????? ????? ???????? ???????? ????? @i.ua
https://mail.i.ua/reg - ? ?????? 1Gb ??? ???????? ?????
Re: Splitting message with multiple to/cc/bcc [ In reply to ]
On 01/02/2019 09:57, Nick via Exim-users wrote:
> split emails with multiple recipients in "to/cc/bcc" fields into separate emails, one recipient - one email, for confidential purposes, so that only the recipient sees him self as the only one in the "To:" field.

Possibly, but it will be a bit of a development job and require that you
learn your way around the facilities available in Exim configurations.

The documentation is at
http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/

I suggest you possibly want to start with the idea of
at transport which

a) deals only with one recipient at a time
b) removes all To:/Cc:/Bcc: headers
(actually there should never be any Bcc: - but best to be
safe)
c) Inserts a fresh To: header built from the (envelope)
recipient name.

Be aware that this level of manipulation will break most
digital signing of the message (such as DKIM).
Jeremy

Re: Splitting message with multiple to/cc/bcc [ In reply to ]
On 2019-02-01, Nick via Exim-users <exim-users@exim.org> wrote:
> Good day!
>
> I'm new to exim, and MTA in general. I have a task to split emails with multiple recipients in "to/cc/bcc" fields into separate emails, one recipient - one email, for confidential purposes, so that only the recipient sees him self as the only one in the "To:" field. Is this doable at all? Did not make any change to the config, just a fresh install.

In the SMTP transport responsible for delivery add the following settings:

max_rcpt=1
headers_remove=to:cc:bcc
headers_add=To: $local_part@$domain