Mailing List Archive

Sending e-mails to Yahoo! - What other tricks do you use?
Hello everyone,

I have a mailing list that has 1100 members. Out of those, 177 have Yahoo
addresses.
Delivery to these Yahoo addresses always delay - even for a whole day.
The defer msg from Yahoo is
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN3434.html

I have a special transport for delivering to Yahoo:

throttled_smtp:
driver = smtp
connection_max_messages = 5
max_rcpt = 5
serialize_hosts = *
retry_use_local_part
hosts_avoid_pipelining = *

Yet, Yahoo still doesn't play nice.

Now I have opted to have a special retry rule, crafted according to Yahoo's
own recommendation from the above
page, that we should retry after 4 hours:

\N^[^@]+@yahoo.\N * F,4d,5h;

..but this still doesn't sit well with me. Waiting for 4 hours to receive
an e-mail just because Yahoo is anal about spam
is simply autrajius.

The sender domain in question is very DMARC compliant.

I have followed
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/recommended-guidelines-bulk-mail-senders-postmasters-sln3435.html
and I believe my server meets everything they want.

What other tricks still exist that I haven't explored??
Is there a way to get Yahoo to whitelist a domain+IP ??

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
Re: Sending e-mails to Yahoo! - What other tricks do you use? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 14 Jan 2019, Odhiambo Washington via Exim-users wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a mailing list that has 1100 members. Out of those, 177 have Yahoo
> addresses.

> What other tricks still exist that I haven't explored??
> Is there a way to get Yahoo to whitelist a domain+IP ??

You *might* wish to ask on the mailop list:
as this is very much on topic there.

The archives are member-only, and the admins are incapable of keeping
the web certificate up to date, so getting to see the traffic is very much
a leap of faith.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison Cambridge, UK
andrew@aitchison.me.uk

Re: Sending e-mails to Yahoo! - What other tricks do you use? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 at 15:41, Andrew C Aitchison <andrew@aitchison.me.uk>
wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jan 2019, Odhiambo Washington via Exim-users wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I have a mailing list that has 1100 members. Out of those, 177 have Yahoo
> > addresses.
>
> > What other tricks still exist that I haven't explored??
> > Is there a way to get Yahoo to whitelist a domain+IP ??
>
> You *might* wish to ask on the mailop list:
> as this is very much on topic there.
>
> The archives are member-only, and the admins are incapable of keeping
> the web certificate up to date, so getting to see the traffic is very much
> a leap of faith.
>
> --
> Andrew C. Aitchison Cambridge, UK
> andrew@aitchison.me.uk