Mailing List Archive

Removing addresses from mail before delivery?
Hi All

I have a problem with some people insisting on CCing every single
address they have for my company on every email they send. No amount of
asking politely seems to stop this.

What I want to do, serverside, is something like the following

|while (TO+CC contains more than one of a@x b@x c@x) remove in reverse
order (c@x, b@x, a@x) until (TO+CC contains only one of a@x b@x c@x)
finally deliver mail to the address(es) that remain |

...but not sure where to start.

Bonus points are available if there's an easy way to send a bounce to
the sender for each address that has to be removed.

Thanks

--
Boli

Re: Removing addresses from mail before delivery? [ In reply to ]
> From: Jon 'Boli' Copeland

> I have a problem with some people insisting on CCing every single
> address they have for my company on every email they send. No amount of
> asking politely seems to stop this.
>
> What I want to do, serverside, is something like the following
>
> |while (TO+CC contains more than one of a@x b@x c@x) remove in reverse
> order (c@x, b@x, a@x) until (TO+CC contains only one of a@x b@x c@x)
> finally deliver mail to the address(es) that remain |

In acl_check_rcpt:

discard !hosts = @[]
domains = x
condition = ${if >{$recipients_count}{1}}
message = the message is delivered only to the first recipient on domain x

> Bonus points are available if there's an easy way to send a bounce to
> the sender for each address that has to be removed.

"deny" instead of "discard".