Mailing List Archive

Checking status of Exim-Users delivery
As its been pointed out that there has been no mail on exim-users for 14
days, and although the volume is way lower than in its heyday that does
seem a bit of an excessive gap...

However a quick browse through logs is not showing any obvious signs of
problems - there is a lot being rejected due to RBLs (but then you look
at the sender address and decide that the stuff being dropped was dross
anyhow).

So lets see if this email gets through or whether I have to go hunting
in more depth.

BTW I had a great time completely away from computers for a good chunk
of this time :-)

Nigel.
--

[ Nigel Metheringham --------------------------- nigel@dotdot.cloud ]
[ Ellipsis Intangible Technologies ]

Re: Checking status of Exim-Users delivery [ In reply to ]
On 14.08.2018 21:44, Nigel Metheringham via Exim-users wrote:
> As its been pointed out that there has been no mail on exim-users for 14
> days, and although the volume is way lower than in its heyday that does
> seem a bit of an excessive gap...
>
> However a quick browse through logs is not showing any obvious signs of
> problems - there is a lot being rejected due to RBLs (but then you look
> at the sender address and decide that the stuff being dropped was dross
> anyhow).
>
> So lets see if this email gets through or whether I have to go hunting
> in more depth.
>
> BTW I had a great time completely away from computers for a good chunk
> of this time :-)

Indeed, the silence on the list was kind of ominous, and I hope this can
be handled somehow.

Sincerely,
Konstantin

Re: Checking status of Exim-Users delivery [ In reply to ]
Hi Nigel,

Mail received.

Nice to see you around. I actually thought that you had decided to do a
Phil on Exim :-)

On Tue, 14 Aug 2018 at 17:53, Nigel Metheringham via Exim-users <
exim-users@exim.org> wrote:

> As its been pointed out that there has been no mail on exim-users for 14
> days, and although the volume is way lower than in its heyday that does
> seem a bit of an excessive gap...
>
> However a quick browse through logs is not showing any obvious signs of
> problems - there is a lot being rejected due to RBLs (but then you look
> at the sender address and decide that the stuff being dropped was dross
> anyhow).
>
> So lets see if this email gets through or whether I have to go hunting
> in more depth.
>
> BTW I had a great time completely away from computers for a good chunk
> of this time :-)
>
> Nigel.
> --
>
> [ Nigel Metheringham --------------------------- nigel@dotdot.cloud ]