FOO followed? In particular can FOO expand to "/etc/exim/foo.acl" ?

If it's not possible now, would a feature request (or a patch) be
accepted?

Re: acl expansion [ In reply to ]
On 2018-07-20, Ian Zimmerman via Exim-users <exim-users@exim.org> wrote:
> In the ${acl {FOO}} construction, does (the expansion of) FOO have to be
> strictly an ACL name, or is an algorithm like the one in acl_smtp_rcpt =
> FOO followed? In particular can FOO expand to "/etc/exim/foo.acl" ?
>
> If it's not possible now, would a feature request (or a patch) be
> accepted?

the command

exim -be

lets you experiment with that stuff.

if you install "rlfe" then

rlfe exim -be

gives a much improved user interface. (with history and editing)

a brief test shows that this works:

# echo "accept message=hello" > /tmp/foo
# exim -be
> ${acl {/tmp/foo}}
hello

demo as root but also works as user of you use the path to exim.

--
?

Re: acl expansion [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 20 Jul 2018, Jasen Betts via Exim-users wrote:

> From: Jasen Betts via Exim-users <exim-users@exim.org>
> To: exim-users@exim.org
> Newsgroups: gmane.mail.exim.user
> Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 23:27:07 -0000 (UTC)
> Subject: Re: [exim] acl expansion
>
> On 2018-07-20, Ian Zimmerman via Exim-users <exim-users@exim.org> wrote:

> if you install "rlfe" then
>
> rlfe exim -be
>
> gives a much improved user interface. (with history and editing)

Or an alternative to rlfe, such as rlwrap:

https://github.com/hanslub42/rlwrap
--
Dennis Davis <dennisdavis@fastmail.fm>

Re: acl expansion [ In reply to ]
On 07/21/2018 08:02 AM, Dennis Davis via Exim-users wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2018, Jasen Betts via Exim-users wrote:
>> if you install "rlfe" then
>>
>> rlfe exim -be
>>
>> gives a much improved user interface. (with history and editing)
>
> Or an alternative to rlfe, such as rlwrap:
>
> https://github.com/hanslub42/rlwrap

Or, as the Local/Makefile says, build with the "readline"
library:

When USE_READLINE
is "yes", as well as supporting line editing, a history of
input lines in the current run is maintained.

(I've never actually tried this!)
Jeremy