With best regards,
Max Kostikov

T: +7(952)7927000 | W: https://kostikov.co | BBM: 24CA5DF8
Re: Exim 4.91: option "hosts_try_dane" unknown [ In reply to ]
On Monday 16 of April 2018, Max Kostikov via Exim-users wrote:
> Is this option deprecated now?
> Found nothing about this in ChangeLog and NewStuff.
> (system is FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE-p9)

config variable name has changed to SUPPORT_DANE

--
Arkadiusz Mi?kiewicz, arekm / ( maven.pl | pld-linux.org )

Re: Exim 4.91: option "hosts_try_dane" unknown [ In reply to ]
On 2018-04-16 at 20:47 +0200, Max Kostikov via Exim-users wrote:
> Is this option deprecated now?
> Found nothing about this in ChangeLog and NewStuff.
> (system is FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE-p9)

With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, there's a couple of things which
could have gone into README.UPDATING. (Arguable, since the whole point
of something being "experimental" is that there are no guarantees about
it and we want feedback before making anything about it supported).

JH/20 DANE support moved from Experimental to mainline. The Makefile control
for the build is renamed.

So: in Local/Makefile replace EXPERIMENTAL_DANE with SUPPORT_DANE.

Roughly speaking, you always want to start with a current src/EDITME, or
at least diff the previous src/EDITME against the current one if you
want to stick with a file which is much reduced.

-Phil

Re: Exim 4.91: option "hosts_try_dane" unknown [ In reply to ]
Thank you for explanations!
Hope Vsevolod Stakhov as FreeBSD Exim port maintainer will fix it soon.

Phil Pennock via Exim-users ????? 2018-04-16 21:07: