implements this, only the compatibility exim ? exim has to be tested and this has been done.

Thanks in advance
?????

Re: Enable enable_prdr by default [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 11 Jan 2019, ????? ???????? via Exim-dev wrote:

> Hello,
>
> the last discussion about PRDR http://www.eric-a-hall.com/specs/draft-hall-prdr-00.txt on ietf-smtp@ietf.org was in
> March 2014.
>
> https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-smtp/current/msg07655.html
>
> The question was if PRDR will make any progress. One of the answers was that nobody uses it, despite being implemented
> in exim:
> https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-smtp/current/msg07658.html
>
> To make progress with PRDR please switch the default for enable_prdr to True. As exim is the only software that
> implements this, only the compatibility exim ? exim has to be tested and this has been done.

https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-smtp/current/msg07656.html
(Wed, 5 Mar 2014) suggests that MeTA1 (http://www.meta1.org/) also
implements PRDR.

Re: Enable enable_prdr by default [ In reply to ]
To: meta1+feedback@meta1.org,
CC: exim-dev@exim.org, Andrew C Aitchison <andrew@aitchison.me.uk>,

Hello,

please enable in Meta1 PRDR by default (e.g. when Meta1 acts as client), for the reasons described at
https://lists.exim.org/lurker/message/20190111.221619.049721de.en.html (and below).

Currently http://www.meta1.org/current/doc/README.html says:

* prdr : … This feature is turned on if a policy milter is configured.

so when no pmilter is configured, the text suggests that PRDR is disabled (e.g. when Meta1 acts as client).

Regards
?????

Re: Enable enable_prdr by default [ In reply to ]
On 11/01/2019 09:59, ????? ???????? via Exim-dev wrote:
> To make progress with PRDR please switch the default for enable_prdr to True.

Although doing so would be safe (a missing prdr ACL is defaulted to
"accept"), it would be pointless from the point of view of the receiving
end and somewhat disingenuous. To be useful the admin configuring Exim
has to write ACL code implementing the per-user filters.

I accept that it would publish the facility more widely, perhaps
encouraging the big providers to also implement it. I'm dubious
if they listen to anything though.

There is a small amount of boilerplate ACL code which I can add
to the example config provided with the Exim distribution. Perhaps
that will encourage packagers (eg. Debian) to consider supporting
PRDR. Unfortunately, deciding what you want to support with per-
user filters is not a small task.
Jeremy

Enable enable_prdr by default [ In reply to ]
Hello,

I subscribed to exim-dev, but somehow I have not received this message

https://lists.exim.org/lurker/message/20190112.210337.b527c995.en.html

nor I see in the archives my second message about Meta1.

Anyway, implementing Sieve’s ereject will make it very easy to do rejecting per recipient without explicit ACLs. Just
let the user upload Sieve.

Regards
?????

Re: Enable enable_prdr by default [ In reply to ]
On 13/01/2019 10:06, ????? ???????? via Exim-dev wrote:
> Anyway, implementing Sieve’s ereject will make it very easy to do rejecting per recipient without explicit ACLs. Just
> let the user upload Sieve.

I suggest you try that before implying it will interwork with PRDR.
I don't think it will.
Jeremy

Re: Enable enable_prdr by default [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jan 13, 2019, ??????? ?????????? via Exim-dev wrote:

> nor I see in the archives my second message about Meta1.

I got it at least twice...

> please enable in Meta1 PRDR by default (e.g. when Meta1 acts as client), for the reasons described at
> https://lists.exim.org/lurker/message/20190111.221619.049721de.en.html (and below).

> * prdr: This feature is turned on if a policy milter is configured.

> so when no pmilter is configured, the text suggests that PRDR is disabled (e.g. when Meta1 acts as client).

I guess you did not read the rest of the relevant documentation
and hence you do not understand why this is done that way
(hint: it can only work using a pmilter).
Re: Enable enable_prdr by default [ In reply to ]
What you know about PRDR?