And how can I do it?

thx.

guillaume.
Re: Compiling [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 22 Dec 2000 15:13:44 +0100
Guillaume Le Malet <guillaume.le.malet@fnac.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm still trying to compile ethereal and I've got a question:
>
> -what does mean "you can invoke the vcvars32.bat script" in the
> make.win32 file?
>
> And how can I do it?
>
> thx.
>
> guillaume.

When you install MS Visual C/C++, the installation program can
sets some environment variables so that you can run "cl" from the
command-line. If you choose not to set these environment variables,
then you have to run the vcvars32.bat script that MSVC creates
in order to set those environment variables in your current shell so
that you can run "cl" from the command line.

--gilbert
Re: Compiling [ In reply to ]
Escuse me for asking another question but I dont really have the
choice if I want to complete my work:
-I could compile with the command lines because of the MSDEV version I
had: I couldnt execute the vcvars32.bat. This time I used MSDEV Ver4
and it perfectly worked.
-Then I changed the path in the config.nmake file.
-When I compile I have and error message:
"fatal error U1088: invalid separator '::' on inference stop"
(probably because of the makefile.nmake file). But
I really dont know how to solve this problem.

So if you could, once again give some information, it would be nice.

Thanks

Guillaume