Mailing List Archive

(no subject)
Hi,Is there a built in way to keep snapshots?Namely, on each (e.g., of the two) nodes Allocate space in advance Configure DRBD to /dev/drbd0 /dev/sda1 - active partition /dev/sda0 - dedicated for keeping one snapshot Take snapshot should be fast - much faster than ddAllow Reverting to the snapshot Also, are there other means to achieve this, apart from buying storage? Thanks in advance,Oren
Re: (no subject) [ In reply to ]
Oren,

AFAIK, DRBD doesn’t support snapshotting natively. Therefore, if I’m
correct, you only have 2 ways to achieve what you intend to do :

- Setup an VG/LV structure on top of your DRBD resource and make
use of the LVM snapshot facility. Beware, I’ve read many articles mentioning
that write performances were dropping down severely in that case. Don’t know
if it’s still the case… Google a bit to check that point.

- Use snapshot features of your storage array, providing it is able
to do so…

Best regards,

Pascal.