Mailing List Archive

DRBD issues : cs:WFConnection st:Secondary/Unknown
Hi all ,

I have configured drbd on two machines and able to start the services

but one node is not detecting the others ..

As it shows Secondary/Unknown in place of Secondary/Secondary first..

[root@p5pv3 ~]# service drbd status
drbd driver loaded OK; device status:
version: 8.0.3 (api:86/proto:86)
SVN Revision: 2881 build by root@p5pv3, 2007-11-22 00:06:58
0: cs:WFConnection st:Secondary/Unknown ds:Inconsistent/DUnknown C r---
ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0
resync: used:0/31 hits:0 misses:0 starving:0 dirty:0 changed:0
act_log: used:0/127 hits:0 misses:0 starving:0 dirty:0 changed:0
[root@p5pv3 ~]#

I tried running these commands to resolve it but it is saying device
has net config and needs to disconnect it

[root@p5pv3 ~]# drbdadm connect all
Failure: (125) Device has a net-config (use disconnect first)
Command 'drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 net 10.1.143.128:7788 10.1.143.154:7788 C
--set-defaults --create-device' terminated with exit code 10
drbdsetup exited with code 10
[root@p5pv3 ~]#

Any idea what netconfig configuration can be the problem ??

Thanks,

-Mujtaba
Re: DRBD issues : cs:WFConnection st:Secondary/Unknown [ In reply to ]
Did you gave
drbdadm -- --overwrite-data-of-peer primary all
>From one node which you want to be Primary at the first time.

Re: DRBD issues : cs:WFConnection st:Secondary/Unknown [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 27 November 2007 16:47:40 अनुज wrote:
> Did you gave
> drbdadm -- --overwrite-data-of-peer primary all
>
> >From one node which you want to be Primary at the first time.

Probably not such a good idea. Mujtaba has indicated that he doesn't even have
connectivity on the network level at this point.

So, Mujtaba,
- check whether you can get a raw TCP connection between both hosts on port
7788/tcp;
- check whether a firewall happens to be blocking incoming or outgoing DRBD
traffic;
- check whether an SELinux/AppArmor/whatever policy impedes your DRBD
connection;
- and fix any associated issues.

Then, when you get "cs:Connected st:Secondary/Secondary
ds:Inconsistent/Inconsistent", do as anujhere told you to.

Cheers,
Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH
RE: DRBD issues : cs:WFConnection st:Secondary/Unknown [ In reply to ]
Hi Florian,
Thanks for your tips ..It helped me in resolving these issues ..
The real problem was with firewall and connectivity between hosts on port.

Re: DRBD issues : cs:WFConnection st:Secondary/Unknown [ In reply to ]
Yes. So I figured. :-)

Cheers,
Florian