Now I’m in the middle of nowhere. I’m trying to copy the libs from another machine but they were coming from dbmail 3.1.12, I hope I don’t break up everything… ;)

-------
Andrea Brancatelli
Re: dbmail freebsd port -> libsieve [ In reply to ]
Am 14.06.2014 15:20, schrieb Andrea Brancatelli:
> Is there any particular reason dbmail’s binary is not compiled with sieve support?

there is no upstream binary but whoever built yours
did disable it intentional or just had not installed
the libsieve-devel fils

> could it be enabled per default?

i am even not sure if it is not enabled by default if
the libraries and devl-files are on the build machine

./configure --with-sieve

> i just switched from a custom compile to a pkg-binary one and /usr/local/lib/dbmail/libsort* stuff disappeared.

than it is not built with sieve-support

> Now I’m in the middle of nowhere. I’m trying to copy the libs from another machine but they were coming from dbmail
> 3.1.12, I hope I don’t break up everything… ;)

*no* don't do that rebuild the package!
Re: dbmail freebsd port -> libsieve [ In reply to ]
Il giorno 14/giu/2014, alle ore 15:44, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> ha scritto:

> Am 14.06.2014 15:20, schrieb Andrea Brancatelli:
>> Is there any particular reason dbmail’s binary is not compiled with sieve support?
>
> there is no upstream binary but whoever built yours
> did disable it intentional or just had not installed
> the libsieve-devel fils

Yes I know Harald, the point I don’t get (and I’m asking to the FreeBSD Port maintainer) is why Sieve is disabled per default in FreeBSD Ports tree.

>> Now I’m in the middle of nowhere. I’m trying to copy the libs from another machine but they were coming from dbmail
>> 3.1.12, I hope I don’t break up everything… ;)
>
> *no* don't do that rebuild the package!

I don’t have much options right now, but it seems to be working.
Re: dbmail freebsd port -> libsieve [ In reply to ]
If you installed via packages, or just quickly went thru the configure screen on the port, you won't get dbmail-timsieved installed. But there *is* an option in the
ports tree to select. Uninstall your current build, and in rebuild the port with "make clean config install clean". This time, check the options, and enable the one for sieve support.

On Jun 14, 2014, at 9:13 AM, Andrea Brancatelli <abrancatelli@schema31.it> wrote:

> Il giorno 14/giu/2014, alle ore 15:44, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> ha scritto:
>
>> Am 14.06.2014 15:20, schrieb Andrea Brancatelli:
>>> Is there any particular reason dbmail’s binary is not compiled with sieve support?
>>
>> there is no upstream binary but whoever built yours
>> did disable it intentional or just had not installed
>> the libsieve-devel fils
>
> Yes I know Harald, the point I don’t get (and I’m asking to the FreeBSD Port maintainer) is why Sieve is disabled per default in FreeBSD Ports tree.
>

>>> Now I’m in the middle of nowhere. I’m trying to copy the libs from another machine but they were coming from dbmail
>>> 3.1.12, I hope I don’t break up everything… ;)
>>
>> *no* don't do that rebuild the package!
>
> I don’t have much options right now, but it seems to be working.

Mark Maurer
mark@solinus.com
Programmer / Systems Administrator
Solinus, Mailfoundry, Xensr

Re: dbmail freebsd port -> libsieve [ In reply to ]
On 14/06/2014 15:13, Andrea Brancatelli wrote:
> Il giorno 14/giu/2014, alle ore 15:44, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> ha scritto:
>
>> Am 14.06.2014 15:20, schrieb Andrea Brancatelli:
>>> Is there any particular reason dbmail’s binary is not compiled with sieve support?
>>
>> there is no upstream binary but whoever built yours
>> did disable it intentional or just had not installed
>> the libsieve-devel fils
>
> Yes I know Harald, the point I don’t get (and I’m asking to the FreeBSD Port maintainer) is why Sieve is disabled per default in FreeBSD Ports tree.

Sieve has always been an option and I've never seen a request for it be
the default on FreeBSD. I am happy to change it with the next update.

Re: dbmail freebsd port -> libsieve [ In reply to ]
Yes, I know that building from the ports you have the option to enable it, but since FreeBSD is steadily pushing toward binary distributions, it would be probably supercool to have it enabled by default, so that the binary get the option enabled.

-------
Andrea Brancatelli
Schema 31 S.r.l. Socio Unico
Responsabile IT

ROMA - FIRENZE - PALERMO
ITALY
Tel: +39. 06.98.358.472
Cell: +39 331.2488468
Fax: +39. 055.71.880.466
Società del Gruppo SC31 ITALIA

Re: dbmail freebsd port -> libsieve [ In reply to ]
Thank you very much, that would be supercool.

-------