server" rely on the message's UID that gets lost during the copy.

I have tried the simple imap_copy.pl from
http://www.athensfbc.com/imap_tools/ and the more complex isync/mbsync.
Both are triggering the complete download of old message from the POP3
client.

Any advice on which "copy" tool to use?

Thank you

Leandro

Re: Migrating mailboxes, which tool to use? [ In reply to ]
I fear there is no way for POP3, one reason beside storage educate users use the "delete from server after x days" since it is braindead to leave forever while use POP3 instead IMAP

Re: Migrating mailboxes, which tool to use? [ In reply to ]
Leandro,

POP3 relies on UIDL values to track messages. When a POP3 client sees
unknown UIDL values, it will assume a message hasn't been retrieved yet.
In DBMail these are generated during delivery and stored in
dbmail_messages.unique_id.

Other servers will use different UIDL values, and transporting existing
UIDL values into DBMail is currently not supported.

Maybe dbmail-deliver could be modified to support UIDL values on the
command-line. Or we could scan for X-UIDL headers and use those.