perspective?

It looks to me like dbmail currently has more features then archive opteryx

http://www.archiveopteryx.org/faq/mailstore#dbmail
Re: archiveopteryx [ In reply to ]
Sim Zacks writes:
> Archive Opteryx has a dbmail comparison from their perspective. Has
> anyone used that system and is able to do a comparison from a dbmail
> perspective?

That comparison is old and needs refreshing. Please do it; I'll update
the text next week (off for vacation now).

> It looks to me like dbmail currently has more features then archive opteryx

What exactly?

Arnt
Re: archiveopteryx [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 06 August 2008 22:32, Sim Zacks wrote:
> Archive Opteryx has a dbmail comparison from their perspective. Has
> anyone used that system and is able to do a comparison from a dbmail
> perspective?
>
> It looks to me like dbmail currently has more features then archive opteryx

Different features. I'm actually currently considering achiveopterix because
Abjhit already has full text search and virtual folders working.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL
Re: archiveopteryx [ In reply to ]
I haven't tried it yet, so my impression is based solely on the website.

* DBMail has full POP support
* DBMail Sieve is fully working
* DBMail Works on multiple database engines
* I didn't see anything about public/shared folders on the Opteryx website

Re: archiveopteryx [ In reply to ]
Sim Zacks writes:
> I haven't tried it yet, so my impression is based solely on the website.
>
> * DBMail has full POP support
> * DBMail Sieve is fully working

Aox too.

> * DBMail Works on multiple database engines

aox only on pgsql.

> * I didn't see anything about public/shared folders on the Opteryx website

Strange world, where that needs to be mentioned... fully working, with ACLs.

Arnt
Re: archiveopteryx [ In reply to ]
The website doesn't mention LDAP support either, but I suppose it could
just be assumed as well

Re: archiveopteryx [ In reply to ]
Sim Zacks writes:
> The website doesn't mention LDAP support either, but I suppose it
> could just be assumed as well

Should be, perhaps. But it's not done yet. Please go on collecting items.

Arnt