consolidate a 20mb email to around 903 bytes that can fit inside one
key. I found when I store 3200 bytes the memcache session locks up. So
the sweet spot on keys is somewhere between 1800 to
Re: memcache [ In reply to ]
ok I am totally wrong. The only reason it was take from 20MB to 900
bytes is becasye the file was in sequential order. 1-255 1-255 1-255.
So you have to split the data into segments to retrieve it.
hmmph.......

On 04/06/2012 at 10:00 PM, skraps@hushmail.com wrote:Thanks paul, I
understand your reasoning behind the function names and then renaming
them to something more generic. I will create a fork that is clean of
dbamil also. I appreciate your advice and insight.

Memcache can also store binary data. Then if we gzip the data we can
Re: memcache [ In reply to ]
On 04/07/2012 04:00 AM, skraps@hushmail.com wrote:

> This test is performed with a testfile of 20mb of data ascii values 1-255.

Gzip a file of 20MB to <1k is not something I would put any bets on. As
soon as the data is something like a base64 encoded JPEG file,
compression will rapidly drop to around 1:1 or worse if you add base64.