Mailing List Archive

Bind Group Collections to Users
Hello all,

I've discovered the curl script bind certain collections to individual
users, this is awesome!

But... I don't want to have to create a bind for every user over and
over.

Is there a way to allow members of a group to have bind access to
specific collections for that group?

E.G. - Group - holidays
Users in Group holidays - user1, user2
Collections in Group holidays - usa
Binds - bind to usa collection to all members of group holidays

And more specifically, inheriting permissions from the principle or
picking and choosing for those group binds.

This would be a great if so.

Also, how can I bind free/busy anonymized info to a principle for read
access.

curl --basic --user 'user1' -X BIND -H 'Content-Type:
text/xml;charset="UTF-8"' --url
'https://davical.example.com/caldav.php/user1/' -d '<?xml version="1.0"
encoding="utf-8"?> <bind
</bind>'

Doesn't work.

Re: Bind Group Collections to Users [ In reply to ]
The Binds section in the example should have read:

Binds - bind usa collection to all members of group holidays

Re: Bind Group Collections to Users [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2011-10-26 at 14:51 +0200, Hossam El Naggar wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've discovered the curl script bind certain collections to individual
> users, this is awesome!
>
> But... I don't want to have to create a bind for every user over and
> over.
>
> Is there a way to allow members of a group to have bind access to
> specific collections for that group?
>
> E.G. - Group - holidays
> Users in Group holidays - user1, user2
> Collections in Group holidays - usa
> Binds - bind to usa collection to all members of group holidays
>
> And more specifically, inheriting permissions from the principle or
> picking and choosing for those group binds.
>
> This would be a great if so.
>
> Also, how can I bind free/busy anonymized info to a principle for read
> access.
>
> curl --basic --user 'user1' -X BIND -H 'Content-Type:
> text/xml;charset="UTF-8"' --url
> 'https://davical.example.com/caldav.php/user1/' -d '<?xml version="1.0"
> encoding="utf-8"?> <bind
> </bind>'
>
> Doesn't work.

No, it won't. A bind will only work to bind a real collection URL.

The bind is effectively creating a link within the user's collection
referencing the thing that is being bound. It's the DAV analogue of a
symbolic link on a Unix filesystem.

Just like with a symbolic link, if you wanted to link somewhere else
into a user's home directory you'd have to do it for each user.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Flexibility is overrated. Constraints are liberating.