Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Error while upgrading to 0.9.9.6-1 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2011-09-29 at 07:09 +0200, Ingo Belka wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> thank you for your reply, that sounds very good. So I can left my
> installation as it is in this moment, can't I?.
>
> And this message seen in the web gui:
>
> actual DAViCal-Version Want: 0.9.9.5, Currently: 0.9.9.6
>
> will be solved with the next release!?
>
> I love DAViCal because it's one of the best software running on my
> systems. Thank you for your hard work on it.

You can always ignore that particular error which often happens for a
few days after a new release until I change a particular file on the
davical.org webserver that tells the world what the current stable
recommended release is.

I've changed it now, so you should see that line showing green as
well :-)

Cheers,
Andrew.

If I don't see you in the future, I'll see you in the pasture.
Re: Error while upgrading to 0.9.9.6-1 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 08:07 +0200, Michael Lackhoff wrote:
> On 28.09.2011 00:22 Michael Rasmussen wrote:
>
> > I have solved the case:-) The solution below ONLY applies to a
> > davical-0.9.9.5 database for which you have not run
> > update-davical-database from davical-0.9.9.6. It is strongly
>
> But what can I do if I have already run the update script (as I have)?
> If all that is missing is the time_zone table (or timezone data in
> another table) that should be recreatable from some standard data but
> since I am not really understanding yet what is going on I am a bit
> reluctant trying too much and thus making things worse.
>
> > recommended to run: pg_dump -Fc <your davical database name> >
> > davical-0.9.9.5.dump before doing anything below.
>
> I do not think I still have a 0.9.9.5 database to backup (I know I
> should have).
>
> Any ideas how to save/repair the mess?

There is no mess :-)

There is only a line that was accidentally left into the permission
setting code which refers to a table that no longer exists. It is safe
to ignore this.

Regards,
Andrew.

Leave no stone unturned.