Mailing List Archive

SecuriteInfo.com.Spam-12370
Anyone else having issues with this signature?  It seems to decode to "yahoo.com".

    VIRUS NAME: SecuriteInfo.com.Spam-12370
    TARGET TYPE: MAIL
    OFFSET: *
    DECODED SIGNATURE:
    yahoo.com

It's been blocking a bunch of emails that were forwarded from my Yahoo account.

I already whitelisted it and sent a report to SecuriteInfo.

--
Bowie

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: SecuriteInfo.com.Spam-12370 [ In reply to ]
On 24 June 2019 21:45:25 Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey@BUC.com> wrote:

> Anyone else having issues with this signature?

> IVIRUS NAME: SecuriteInfo.com.Spam-12370

Yes.. Just seen a few twitter posts and had a couple of emails about that sig.

I'm sure I'll be fixed by them shortly.

Cheers,

Steve
Twitter: @sanesecurity
Re: SecuriteInfo.com.Spam-12370 [ In reply to ]
Hello Bowie,

Le 24/06/2019 à 22:45, Bowie Bailey a écrit :
> Anyone else having issues with this signature?  It seems to decode to "yahoo.com".
>
>     VIRUS NAME: SecuriteInfo.com.Spam-12370
>     TARGET TYPE: MAIL
>     OFFSET: *
>     DECODED SIGNATURE:
>     yahoo.com
>
> It's been blocking a bunch of emails that were forwarded from my Yahoo account.
>
> I already whitelisted it and sent a report to SecuriteInfo.

Thank you very much for the report.
I am sorry for this mistake.
Yes, the signature has been dropped just 2 hours after I have been informed.
I corrected my scripts, so it should never happen again. I hope so !

--
Cordialement / Best regards,

Arnaud Jacques
Gérant de SecuriteInfo.com

Téléphone : +33-(0)3.44.39.76.46
E-mail : aj@securiteinfo.com
Site web : https://www.securiteinfo.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/SecuriteInfocom/132872523492286
Twitter : @SecuriteInfoCom

Securiteinfo.com
La Sécurité Informatique - La Sécurité des Informations.
266, rue de Villers
60123 Bonneuil en Valois

Re: SecuriteInfo.com.Spam-12370 [ In reply to ]
On 6/25/2019 3:16 AM, Arnaud Jacques wrote:
> Hello Bowie,
>
> Le 24/06/2019 à 22:45, Bowie Bailey a écrit :
>> Anyone else having issues with this signature?  It seems to decode to "yahoo.com".
>>
>>      VIRUS NAME: SecuriteInfo.com.Spam-12370
>>      TARGET TYPE: MAIL
>>      OFFSET: *
>>      DECODED SIGNATURE:
>>      yahoo.com
>>
>> It's been blocking a bunch of emails that were forwarded from my Yahoo account.
>>
>> I already whitelisted it and sent a report to SecuriteInfo.
>
> Thank you very much for the report.
> I am sorry for this mistake.
> Yes, the signature has been dropped just 2 hours after I have been informed.
> I corrected my scripts, so it should never happen again. I hope so

Looks like the offending signature is gone, but there is now a new signature in place
with the same name.  So anyone who whitelisted the signature should remove that now.

--
Bowie