Before I blindly follow instructions from the web, I need to get these points clarified.

Thanks
Sunny
Re: Why is clam config so different for centos 6 and centos 7 [ In reply to ]
ClamAV distributes only one package. You'll need to ask Fedora why they choose to break it up.

-Al-
ClamXAV User

Re: Why is clam config so different for centos 6 and centos 7 [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 11 June 2019 06:17:34 am Sunny Jaisinghani via clamav-users
wrote:

> Hello Members,
>
> This is my very first post/question on this list, so please pardon my
> mistakes, if any
>
> We have been running clamav on centos 6 for years and installing and
> configuring clamav has been very easy. We install clamav, clamav-db
> and clamd packages from fedora epel repository, configure
> freshclam.conf, clamd.conf and a cron for periodic scanning, and we
> are done. We execute these steps using a chef cookbook and they fail
> on centos 7
>
> When I started investigating, I realized that centos 7 needs more clam
> packages to be installed.
>
> Can someone explain what caused clamav to split the source into so
> many packages and how does it help. Installing clamav using yum helps
> pull in its dependencies. However; I don’t see clamav-server being
> pulled in. What purpose does clamav-server serve. ?
>
> Before I blindly follow instructions from the web, I need to get these
> points clarified.
>
> Thanks
> Sunny

RH may have had reasons to break it up. IDK. I would consult a centos
mailing list for suitable answers as the clamav folks might not be aware
of it, yet.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)