Mailing List Archive

Probably something simple but new to ClamAV
I have installed ClamAV in my PCF environment. But security team is looking at how to display the virus signature level is of the AV. Is there a command or a tool that can display this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: Probably something simple but new to ClamAV [ In reply to ]
clamconf will show you what you want (with a lot more detail if required):

[graeme@whelk ~]$ clamconf -n | egrep 'version.+sigs'
bytecode.cld: version 328, sigs: 94, built on Wed Jan 2 14:42:37 2019
daily.cld: version 25469, sigs: 1587497, built on Mon Jun 3 08:59:22 2019
main.cvd: version 58, sigs: 4566249, built on Wed Jun 7 22:38:10 2017

Graeme

Re: Probably something simple but new to ClamAV [ In reply to ]
clamscan -V is all they care about.

Re: Probably something simple but new to ClamAV [ In reply to ]
In the directory where the signatures are stored run the following:

for file in *.cld;do sigtool -i $file;done

for file in *.cvd;do sigtool -i $file;done

Or run freshclam -v.

You can also examine the clamd log files.

dp