Mailing List Archive

Solaris pkg download
I'm looking for the compiled ClamAV package download for SPARC Solaris 10 and x86 Solaris 10 if it's available. I have no way to install the pkg directly from the CSW site using pkgadd - I just need to get the package itself it that's possible.

Thanks,
Bob Jones
The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. This message has been scanned for known computer viruses.

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: Solaris pkg download [ In reply to ]
pkgutil -h

pkgutil -d CSWclamav -P /tmp

16.11.2017 2:10, Jones, Bob ?????:

--
**************************
* C++: Bug to the future *
Re: Solaris pkg download [ In reply to ]
I'm a fan of unixpackages.com.
There's a lot of dependent packages, but they have clamav-0.99.2 behind their paywall.
You can download them, burn them to a DVD, then carry them across an air-gap for installation onto a host.

# Dependency Tree for: clamav-0.99.2

autogen-5.18.5
bzip2-1.0.6
guile-1.8.8
readline-6.3
coreutils-8.21
libidn-1.28
gmp-4.2.1
gnutls-3.3.18
libtool-2.4.2
nettle-2.7.1
pcre-8.41
curl-7.55.1
openssl-1.0.2l
libiconv-1.14
libintl-3.4.0
libssh2-1.8.0
libxml2-2.9.1
ncurses-5.7
zlib-1.2.11
gcc-3.4.6
clamav-0.99.2-sol10

Regards, Scott

Solaris pkg download [ In reply to ]
I have no servers that are ever allowed to access the internet. Is there a way to download the pkg file not using pkgutil?

Re: Solaris pkg download [ In reply to ]
This question better to address to OpenCSW repository owner, Dagobert.

He is not here.

(I see long hard way for real Jedy like you - just install VirtualBox
onto your home notebook, install Solaris 10 into virtual machine,
install pkgutil into solaris, download ClamAV inside virtual machine,
write it onto flash, bring to your work - profit!);-)

We're not searching easy ways, is it? :-)

Or you can ask other guy who has solaris servers connected to internet
to download and send to you by e-mail.

BTW, how you will be get regular updates for ClamAV, if your servers
does not have internet access? NSA/Pentagon, where you working,
prohibits also get AV updates? :-!

16.11.2017 23:15, Jones, Bob ?????:

Re: Solaris pkg download [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Fri, 17 Nov 2017, Jones, Bob wrote:

> I have no servers that are ever allowed to access the internet. Is
> there a way to download the pkg file not using pkgutil?

If you have no Internet access, I suspect that ClamAV is just a distraction.

--

73,
Ged.

Re: Solaris pkg download [ In reply to ]
On 16/11/2017 17:15, Jones, Bob wrote:

> I have no servers that are ever allowed to access the internet. Is there a way to download the pkg file not using pkgutil?

wget and many others will do it, the package file is just on a URL.

Start here:
http://rsync.opencsw.org/opencsw/

Choose a file, eg:
http://rsync.opencsw.org/opencsw/testing/sparc/5.10/clamav-0.99.2%2cREV%3d2016.09.29-SunOS5.10-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz

Download to anywhere, eg, your home machine.

Transfer to your server by any means, eg, USB stick, CD, floppy, local
network, etc.

You'll need its 10 dependencies too.
https://www.opencsw.org/packages/CSWclamav/

See also: