# /etc/init.d/clamav-daemon restart

That’s it! Cheers!

http://www.clamav.net/support/ml
Re: Update Clamav with Debian Lenny [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Sat, 4 Aug 2012, n22e113 wrote:

> To solve the problem (as root) ...

Were you also going to explain why you're installing a security
product on a distribution for which security updates have been
discontinued since February 6th 2012?

http://www.debian.org/releases/lenny/

--

73,
Ged.
Re: Update Clamav with Debian Lenny [ In reply to ]
On 08/04/2012 03:21 AM, G.W. Haywood wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> On Sat, 4 Aug 2012, n22e113 wrote:
>
>> To solve the problem (as root) ...
>
> Were you also going to explain why you're installing a security
> product on a distribution for which security updates have been
> discontinued since February 6th 2012?
>
> http://www.debian.org/releases/lenny/
>
> --
>
> 73,
> Ged.

Probably because the person has a too complicated system like I have
(Fedora Core 7) and the update from 6 to 7 was so difficult and time
consuming that I choose to just forgo upgrading again and went to
compiling from sources updates to vulnerable programs.

And please do not start a rant, this is meant to be somewhat humorous if
also somewhat sad and definitely not SOP or recommended. I have since
built a new box but am still (after several months) trying to get
application and data set moved over and working.

Jim

--
Jim Preston

http://www.clamav.net/support/ml