My question is which do I delete and or do I remove them both and then
refresh the database?
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml
Re: Duplicate Database [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 16:03:02 -0400
Carlos Mennens <carloswill@gmail.com> wrote:

> Everytime I run 'Clamscan', I get the following 'warning'
> notification:
>
> LibClamAV Warning: Detected duplicate databases /var/clamav/main.cvd
> and /var/clamav/main.cld, please manually remove one of them.
>
> My question is which do I delete and or do I remove them both and then
> refresh the database?

Delete the .cvd then run freshclam.

Best regards,
--Edwin
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml
Re: Duplicate Database [ In reply to ]
2010/10/7 Török Edwin <edwintorok@gmail.com>:
> Delete the .cvd then run freshclam.

Thanks!
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml
Re: Duplicate Database [ In reply to ]
As I understand things, .cld files start out as a .cvd file which has been updated by one or more .cdiff files. Normally, the original .cvd file is deleted upon completion of the update. If a .cdiff update fails, then normally a complete .cvd file is downloaded and the .cld file should be deleted. It sounds like something interrupted an update and it failed to remove the older file.

You should be able to delete the oldest file. If that turns out to be the wrong choice, the next update should correct things. If you delete both the next update will download the latest .cvd. Bottom line is that I don't think you can go wrong deleting any or both.

Sent from my iPad

-Al-
--
Al Varnell