I'd like to know how the upload files are handled and how to tell other
signatures' developers you're working on a particular sample.
TY
Re: How to handle virii submissions [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:49:22 +0200
aCaB <acabng@digitalfuture.it> wrote:

> I'd like to know how the upload files are handled and how to tell
> other

I described the process in our private communication:

scp viruses.db2
acab@shell.sf.net:/home/groups/c/cl/clamav/htdocs/database scp
viruses2.md5 acab@shell.sf.net:/home/groups/c/cl/clamav/htdocs/database

For clamav.ozforces.com see the signatures.pdf file in the documentation
directory.

Best regards,
Tomasz Kojm
--
oo ..... zolw@konarski.edu.pl
(\/)\......... http://www.konarski.edu.pl/~zolw
Re: How to handle virii submissions [ In reply to ]
My crappy english seems to get worse every day... sorry.
I really meant to ask how to handle virus submissions, not how to upload
new definitions. I.e. what to do when i get a mail saying "Virus
submission number XXX".
Also I was wondering if i need to tell other developers that i'm working
on a particular sumission so that there will not be 2 people working on
the same sample.
Hope i could explain myself a bit better this time.
Ty
Re: How to handle virii submissions [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 13:46:08 +0200
aCaB <acabng@digitalfuture.it> wrote:

> My crappy english seems to get worse every day... sorry.
> I really meant to ask how to handle virus submissions, not how to
> upload new definitions. I.e. what to do when i get a mail saying
> "Virus submission number XXX".

Save the mail (for ex. mail.raw), run 'uudecode mail.raw', this will
create a file called "virus-xxxxxxxx-number.zip" which contains an
Web submissions are more friendly - they contain a zipped message as an
attachment.

Best regards,
Tomasz Kojm