Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 14:17:01 -0500
From: "Carter, Bill" <bcarter@sentinel.com>
Subject: [cisco-voip] Click to Call Widget ?
To: "cisco voip" <cisco-voip@puck.nether.net>

When will this be released? I see all the docs about it, but nothing to
download yet.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 14:53:39 -0400
From: Tim Medley <tmedley@appiaservices.com>
Subject: [cisco-voip] Media Encryption
To: cisco-voip@puck.nether.net

I have a new prospective customer in the financial industry that we
are talking to. Question came up about media and possibly signaling
encryption for CCM IP Phones (SCCP). We're running CCM 4.2 and CCM 6.

I setup the media encryption in a lab a couple of years ago, but don't
remember much of the finer points. The concerns that I have are that
my environment has IPIPGW's (which are very finicky), older MGCP based
6608 Cat Ports for conferencing and for PSTN Access. From what I can
tell no version of CCM supports media encryption with the 6608, how
does this impact my design? Does CCM 4.2 support media encryption with
the IPIPGW or would I have to use my CCM 6 cluster to support this?

My environment is a hosted/shared CCM model, what sort of difficulties
will we face with a mixed mode cluster (some phones using encryption,
some not)? Also, in regards to the IPIPGW's, can some calls be
encrypted or do all call have to be encrypted? The docs, seem a bit
fuzzy on this.

I'd be interested in hearing from others that have configure media and
signaling encryption in a production environment.

thanks,

tm

Tim Medley
Appia Communications
(877) 277-4297 x112 Office

End of cisco-voip Digest, Vol 60, Issue 130
Re: Click to Call Widget [ In reply to ]
We (TAC) just received training on click to call today so the release should
be rather soon. This is the app that Chris referenced that is integrated
into the right-click menu for certain apps in Windows. You can find the
docs on it in the same place as the phone designer stuff. They are called
widgets.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9829/tsd_products_support_series_home.
html

Of course if you have a Mac and CUPC you already have this feature ;)

On an unrelated note if you haven't tried out phone designer I'd highly
encourage it. I must have spent at least 30 minutes today just trying out
different background images on various phones.

-Ryan