I've written a script, but would like to be able to Windows-a-fy this so others can do this easily.

Is there a good windows grep out there or something else?

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | lelio@uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio@uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook

Re: tools to parse CDR quickly on Windows (windows grep?) [ In reply to ]
The what now?

You want a GUI based app for end users to be able to view CDR reports? So
like, CAR? ... But better?

Re: tools to parse CDR quickly on Windows (windows grep?) [ In reply to ]
If you're just trying to run your script on Windows, try the Windows
Subsystem for Linux. You could even make it output a spreadsheet or
something with some Python-fu. WSL is very low-touch in my experience,
not a bear to support or anything.

--
Hunter Fuller
Router Jockey

Office of Information Technology
The University of Alabama in Huntsville
Network Engineering

Re: tools to parse CDR quickly on Windows (windows grep?) [ In reply to ]
Variphy is a good product for that. It can pull directly from CUCM thru CDR billing application integration and digest CDR files from backup files and has a very user friendly reporting interface. You can also include Unity and CCX as well if you want one reporting tool for all your apps

?

519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | lelio@uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio@uoguelph.ca><mailto:lelio@uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio@uoguelph.ca>>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs><http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook

Re: tools to parse CDR quickly on Windows (windows grep?) [ In reply to ]
You basically just get a Linux system (mine is Debian) that you can
install whatever you want into. Then from Windows, you would run 'wsl
<command>' and it runs it inside the Linux environment.

Example:
PS C:\Users\hf0002> wsl grep --version
grep (GNU grep) 2.27

Re: tools to parse CDR quickly on Windows (windows grep?) [ In reply to ]
Yes, in my case because it's debian, I would use 'wsl sudo apt install
...' to install stuff.

Actually this is probably the easiest way to run Python on Windows
now, in my opinion, especially if the rest of your environment is
Linux (like mine). The scripts Just Work(tm).

Re: tools to parse CDR quickly on Windows (windows grep?) [ In reply to ]
Lelio:

We have a GUI based solution called OneView. We wrote it because so many people asked for a better way to get the data from their Cisco call platforms. Plus you can automate the reports like you said you wanted. It works for both Call Manager and UCCX data. Demos available. Just hit the information page (https://www.donomasoftware.com/donoma-oneview/) and you can self-schedule from available demo times.

Cheers,

Parker

Parker
Pearson
Vice President, Marketing & Business Development
Donoma Software
t: 540.443.3577
e: parker@donomasoftware.com
Schedule with me online

Re: tools to parse CDR quickly on Windows (windows grep?) [ In reply to ]
We have an in house tool that parses the CDR records being loaded by the loader into a database.

The data is indexed so searching with a front end is pretty easy .

We're actually eliminating this tool as we do not want to store call detail records for liability and data storage reasons . We do not provide user reporting on call detail and this has yet to significantly impact anyone's business that I'm aware of .

Adam

Re: tools to parse CDR quickly on Windows (windows grep?) [ In reply to ]
I have a php script that will load an ms sql database. I can send it if I can figure out where I put it

Kent

Re: tools to parse CDR quickly on Windows (windows grep?) [ In reply to ]
About Windows grep:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/grepwin/

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<https://nam01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.uoguelph.ca%2Fccs&data=02%7C01%7Cariel.roza%40la.logicalis.com%7C8556e88ff78d4b5322bd08d75309b64b%7C2e3290cb8d404058abe502c4f58b87e3%7C0%7C0%7C637069173487818472&sdata=qbZmTlYaH6fV7foORNFaPd%2F5tN6obpoB67pdbgT4bUc%3D&reserved=0> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook