what is the best software/device i can use to simulate ITSP and test CUBE configuration, my purpose is to change settings on ITSP software/device and check sip messages and make corresponding cube config changes for troubleshooting and testing purpose

Regards

Naray
Re: best software/device to simulate ITSP and test CUBE functionality [ In reply to ]
Depends on what you want to test exactly, and for what purpose, i.e. training, learning, deployment

Lots of options though
- CUCM
- Another CUBE
- Internet based SIP trunks (probably the best option) – plenty of cheap ones, and some free

In practice, you’ll find lots of little differences and bits and pieces of config needed between different versions of CUBE, and different ITSP’s..
So the best resources are checking to see if the provider has a recommended config or even a verified config with testing
The best testing is when you get access to a trunk
We usually have our trunks provisioned upfront with test ranges, so plenty of time to fully test and tweak

Cisco even has some of these published

Cheers,

Tim

Re: best software/device to simulate ITSP and test CUBE functionality [ In reply to ]
SIPp will allow you to create your own SIP messages however you want-
http://sipp.sourceforge.net/

We used this to troubleshoot issues in TAC that were difficult to reproduce.